Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on your experience so far with Tesla, would you buy from them again?

The car better be damn good to outweigh the lack of everything from them. Understand its no bells or whistle and purely transactional. Just a bit of comms goes a long way.
It would depend on my needs at the time. This time the wait (which isn't all their fault) and lack of solid info about delivery is annoying but hasn't affected me otherwise. If better comms about delivery was essential for me, then maybe I would reconsider.

I guess it could be worse. My friend is still waiting for a Toyota and it's going to be at least 12 months (longer than anticipated). She will get the 2023 build but has to pay the 2023 price which is $3k extra than when she ordered. Not sure what the customer service is like, but I'd rather wait with lack of comms than pay $3k more than I was quoted on order.

The car better be damn good to outweigh the lack of everything from them. Understand its no bells or whistle and purely transactional. Just a bit of comms goes a long way.
I would buy from them again if, like now I believe them to be the best value car that suits my needs.
If I only wanted a car for around town or a second car I would likely be buying on price, not sure that would prove to be a better buying experience though.
I'm pretty sure Tesla / Elon would say the best way to improve the customer buying experience is to increase production to meet demand and that's where their efforts should be concentrated. 😁

Comms, low preorder price, doesnt raise prices after order, app with eta are all ahead of competition.

Not really sure what you want appart from just getting your car more quickly which isnt going to happen

I know some people get frustrated with the delivery delays and changes to pick up dates etc, but take it from me Tesla is a dream compared to most companies out there right now, I came from VW and my God they are terrible! Zero communication, and I mean none at all, rude and arrogant sales staff, just horrible to deal with, a mate of mine has also been waiting on a Toyota for well over 15months now and hasn’t heard a peep from them? The grass isn’t greener anywhere else is all I’m trying to say🤷🏻‍♂️

Comms, low preorder price, doesnt raise prices after order, app with eta are all ahead of competition.

Not really sure what you want appart from just getting your car more quickly which isnt going to happen
Totally agree mate - the app is their preferred comms tool, which updates accordingly (yes my refresh rate is incredible)

Personally, far prefer Tesla’s model with no pushy sales advisors and unlike some, I don’t blame Tesla for Covid-19 shutdowns, global supply chain issues or ships that are delayed at port.

If someone had picked up the phone to advise of a delay, the outcome (arrival of vehicle) would remain the same.

I know some people get frustrated with the delivery delays and changes to pick up dates etc, but take it from me Tesla is a dream compared to most companies out there right now, I came from VW and my God they are terrible! Zero communication, and I mean none at all, rude and arrogant sales staff, just horrible to deal with, a mate of mine has also been waiting on a Toyota for well over 15months now and hasn’t heard a peep from them? The grass isn’t greener anywhere else is all I’m trying to say🤷🏻‍♂️
Not sure which Toyota dealer you are referring but 2 close fiends of mine had/have great comms at least from Adelaide city toyota. One ordered hilux the other one ordered Land Cruiser. The sales always kept them informed. They laughed at my super advanced futuristic robot customer service, named Mr. Tesla APP.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Totally agree mate - the app is their preferred comms tool, which updates accordingly (yes my refresh rate is incredible)

Personally, far prefer Tesla’s model with no pushy sales advisors and unlike some, I don’t blame Tesla for Covid-19 shutdowns, global supply chain issues or ships that are delayed at port.

If someone had picked up the phone to advise of a delay, the outcome (arrival of vehicle) would remain the same.
All we complaint about is July Y orders delivered a long time ago while we still waiting for Feb orders, May LR P orders jumped the queue arrived in August/September.
Don’t forget Feb orders were 20 weeks or 5-7 month estimates.
What on earth COVID supply chain issues only happened to MODEL 3 RWD???

We should appreciate the demand of LHD is declined otherwise our cars even didn’t have a chance to be produced after 15th Nov till Jan 2023.
It’s all about money and ethics nothing else.

After nagging for close to a month I finally got my final invoice yesterday - build date of 21/11 for a Brisbane delivery. I think they may have messed up the dealer authority registration from as they have my personalised plates so I'm assuming they should have ticked the "yes" box for that and I have to attach the additional form to get them to put my plates on?

Does the attitude of a waiter change the taste of the dish or the whole dinning experience despite the waiter doesn’t cook? The next table came late but finished their food before your food came to your table, would you expect an explanation when will you get served or at least a apologetic smile even the waiter doesn’t change the outcome?

Last edited:
I'm assuming here but looks like the ship docked a number of hours ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217-091440.png
    Screenshot_20221217-091440.png
    521.5 KB · Views: 54
Does the attitude of a waiter change the taste of the dish or the whole dinning experience despite the waiter doesn’t cook? The next table came late but finished their food before your food came to your table, would you expect an explanation when will you get served or at least a apologetic smile even the waiter doesn’t change the outcome?
Agreed, but if I felt that strongly about the poor service at the restaurant, I would leave and not stew…

Instead, it seems there’s a spiral of, “they ordered a more expensive dish and got it before me“ and there have been no extenuating factors…

Undoubtedly sucks, unlikely but probable that I may end up waiting as long as you have. I’m prepared to put up with it as it was an amazing driving experience when I drove the M3 for the first time.

I joined this thread to gain an understanding of when I could expect delivery, thrilled and share in the excitement every time someone receive a VIN…and then the first world problems surface, not to mention the conspiracy theories, oh - cry me a river 😭

Not sure which Toyota dealer you are referring but 2 close fiends of mine had/have great comms at least from Adelaide city toyota. One ordered hilux the other one ordered Land Cruiser. The sales always kept them informed. They laughed at my super advanced futuristic robot customer service, named Mr. Tesla APP.
:). I’m selling my Prado if you want a Toyota?

Reactions: simesinbris
I know some people get frustrated with the delivery delays and changes to pick up dates etc, but take it from me Tesla is a dream compared to most companies out there right now, I came from VW and my God they are terrible! Zero communication, and I mean none at all, rude and arrogant sales staff, just horrible to deal with, a mate of mine has also been waiting on a Toyota for well over 15months now and hasn’t heard a peep from them? The grass isn’t
anywhere else is all I’m trying to say🤷🏻‍♂️
I understand what you're saying, however worse service from other companies is no excuse for poor service from Tesla. It's when we compare like this that crap service becomes normalised and ultimately accepted and personally I expect better.

The upside is this is it gives a scrappy newcomer the opportunity to beat their competition on service.

I think you miss the actual reason people have been frustrated. It's not because of the delays, it's the absence of communication. If someone had picked up the phone the outcome may be the same but we would be informed. That's what service is about - caring enough about your customer (who are the reason you even have a business) to let them know they're important.