Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have to ask for the trial? i Think all who have had to wait should get a carrot like this too.
Nope it just appeared yesterday.

I woke up early this morning and drove out to Penrith about 40k each way. On the way out I set it so that I had to initiate the lane change. Hit the indicator and it completes the change smoothly. It deactivated the indicator at the end of the maneuver.

There are 3 settings for changing; something like cautious, standard and Mad Max. I tried standard.

On the way back, I set it so that the car initiated and completed the change without my intervention. I held my breath and the steering wheel each time.

This feature only works on multi-lane roads. I don't need it.

It also comes with Auto Park which worked fine the only time I tried it. This should come by default with modern cars by default.

Summons mode tried once it was okay but I don't have the need for it.

For me, I don't need it.

Hi

A couple of questions about Vedaprime service.
1. Can you cancel subscription at an time
2. Does the 1 Month billing cycle start at the beginning of each month, or a Month from the day of subscription
3. Once ship is in port and a lot depends on the logistics of where the vehicle is located on ship and therefore when it will be unloaded. And the fact that in the above post it is stated 'deliveries will not be based on order but relative to location on the ship and the transport area'. Do all EDD's really become guess work from here. Or do they pick up again once vehicle is transported to delivery centre?
1) yes.
2)don't know
3) the edds on our app is a joke and can be ignored entirely. The fact that it moves around is proof of this. Just know that you might see people with Feb ODDs picking up their cars after the march/April ODDs.

To be honest, I’m baffled by the aggravation caused by @Vedaprimes service. This post was reported and I’m okay with VP responding to a direct question but I ask that it be direct and brief and not resort to advertising style language.
Hi

A couple of questions about Vedaprime service.
1. Can you cancel subscription at an time
2. Does the 1 Month billing cycle start at the beginning of each month, or a Month from the day of subscription
3. Once ship is in port and a lot depends on the logistics of where the vehicle is located on ship and therefore when it will be unloaded. And the fact that in the above post it is stated 'deliveries will not be based on order but relative to location on the ship and the transport area'. Do all EDD's really become guess work from here. Or do they pick up again once vehicle is transported to delivery centre?
Yes, you cancel at any time
the timing of billing is straight away, and then in a months time. There is no longer a charge at the start of the month. It’s fair now

Almost all EDD are are very wrong. It will continue to misinform. But delivery is going to have wide timing for some ships.

Not sure it’ll lose features? The cost cutting sounds like it’s more focused on the manufacturing side of things, it’ll probably have front and rear body castings like the Y has, which will make it a much more cost/time efficient car to build, my prediction is slight cosmetic changes to the exterior, more range, lighter weight, 360 cameras, indicator stalks gone and ventilated seats..

Has there been mention of 360 cameras somewhere to make you think this?

Meanwhile, still waiting for Bullwinkle to pull a rabbit out of his hat

14CDA370-C063-405A-B53E-C4405F18CFD5.gif

(Tesla is Bullwinkle..)

(The rabbit is the delivery date for my car)

(Rocky is me… saying, “that trick never works)

Merry Christmas everyone 🎅🎄I hope waiting on your Tesla to arrive is the worst thing you have to deal with this side of the new year.

I like the idea of trialling the package (and separating the cost from the purchase/ev subsidies) but I can’t see me opting for it (on a vehicle I don’t yet have…). Wife’s Golf has auto park and I use it 4 times a year. Maybe. The rest is..meh.
what I will miss is rear traffic alert which has paid its way a number of times

I like the idea of trialling the package (and separating the cost from the purchase/ev subsidies) but I can’t see me opting for it (on a vehicle I don’t yet have…). Wife’s Golf has auto park and I use it 4 times a year. Maybe. The rest is..meh.
what I will miss is rear traffic alert which has paid its way a number of times
So I added on the EAP, but I agree with you. My wife’s VW Tiguan has auto park too and we’ve never wanted/needed to use it. It really should come standard since we have the baseline Tiguan and it was included. I can’t speak for the other features in EAP, but I did like the Summon idea. Our 2 car garage is pretty tight and it might come in useful. Also hoping they’ll add other features to it in the future.

So I added on the EAP, but I agree with you. My wife’s VW Tiguan has auto park too and we’ve never wanted/needed to use it. It really should come standard since we have the baseline Tiguan and it was included. I can’t speak for the other features in EAP, but I did like the Summon idea. Our 2 car garage is pretty tight and it might come in useful. Also hoping they’ll add other features to it in the future.
I used Summon a couple of times today to move the car in and out of the garage while I was working in there and all sweaty. I also gave auto lane change a crack on the way to work this arvo. Both are cool, but still not sure if they're $5,100 cool. I guess I have a month to play with it and decide though, which is nice.

Reactions: Robdunc
I was on the fence about EAP at time of order, but decided to wait and add it later if I decided I wanted it to save paying an extra $102 in stamp duty. Not sure why anyone would buy it before delivery and pay more stamp duty.
Wasnt there rumours people who ordered EAP gets bumped to front of queue as opposed to people without it?

I myself wont see the need for EAP. My driving skills will slowly diminish with all these tech added. I still drive a stick manual with no sensors or cameras.

Reactions: Snoopy1
Hey all, just an update on my stock standard m3.
I received a delivery date last Tuesday with ONLY options for delivery being Friday or Saturday.

I took time off work and went Friday 11am to pick up from Mulgrave (VIC).

Really couldn't spot any issues at all. did my walk around and usual check. Charge cable was in boot so that's lovely.Signing up to premium connectivity for sure. immediate came home and put on WiFi and it downloaded an update- the one with apple music, albeit I am waiting for YouTube music coz I still believe YouTube sub is most bang for buck lol

so far all is well, noticed immediately I'll need mudflaps so ordered Basenor ones as they seem to not need drill holes.

My kid was hitting back passenger seat so ordered a protector. got stock tesla shop console trays. so far everything else is OK. just enjoying it before someone scratches it at my grocery shop lol

all in all, it happened so bloody quick from waiting forever to "come pick up now or else". I have android z fold and it refused to connect to Bluetooth, took a fair few goes. oh and range on pick up with full charge was something like 428km and it had 6km on odo

Production is also stopped.

With all of this shipping issues, I'm glad, at least, the shanghai factory and all its drama is not my concern anymore.

Reactions: Snoopy1 and hk12
Hey all, just an update on my stock standard m3.
I received a delivery date last Tuesday with ONLY options for delivery being Friday or Saturday.

I took time off work and went Friday 11am to pick up from Mulgrave (VIC).

Really couldn't spot any issues at all. did my walk around and usual check. Charge cable was in boot so that's lovely.Signing up to premium connectivity for sure. immediate came home and put on WiFi and it downloaded an update- the one with apple music, albeit I am waiting for YouTube music coz I still believe YouTube sub is most bang for buck lol

so far all is well, noticed immediately I'll need mudflaps so ordered Basenor ones as they seem to not need drill holes.

My kid was hitting back passenger seat so ordered a protector. got stock tesla shop console trays. so far everything else is OK. just enjoying it before someone scratches it at my grocery shop lol

all in all, it happened so bloody quick from waiting forever to "come pick up now or else". I have android z fold and it refused to connect to Bluetooth, took a fair few goes. oh and range on pick up with full charge was something like 428km and it had 6km on odo
Congratulations. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Snoopy1