Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMGoodness.... I just got VINed!!
OD 09/04/22, Melb. Blue/Black RWD.

Est Deliv now 12 Jan - 02 Feb. Vin in source code suggests 2022 model so not sure if it's already here or on the way... but... finally!!!!
Happy Days!
I got the same this morning, completely out of the blue (no pun intended). Accepted in app and have the reg document in my account too. Wasn't expecting this!

OD 14/04/22 Melb. Blue/Black RWD.

Interesting that we have the exact same order!

Congratulations! @Jacinth

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227-133727.png
    Screenshot_20221227-133727.png
    594.4 KB · Views: 66
Sorry Feb-May
It’s just too hard to predict? You’re EDD could get updated tomorrow? So who knows?? I could be wrong but behind the scenes something seems to be in the works? Tesla are really pushing out as many M3 as they can, in the US Tesla are even selling off demo cars, apparently the last time they did that was just before the refreshed Model S came out, I was speaking with someone in the US last night and he thinks Tesla are clearing the decks for either a slight change in the current model or even the full refresh? He thinks there’s more going on than just trying to have a good Q4?🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: TrickyRickyDoo
It’s just too hard to predict? You’re EDD could get updated tomorrow? So who knows?? I could be wrong but behind the scenes something seems to be in the works? Tesla are really pushing out as many M3 as they can, in the US Tesla are even selling off demo cars, apparently the last time they did that was just before the refreshed Model S came out, I was speaking with someone in the US last night and he thinks Tesla are clearing the decks for either a slight change in the current model or even the full refresh? He thinks there’s more going on than just trying to have a good Q4?🤷🏻‍♂️
My view, for what it is worth is a major refresh next year will happen but it will be mainly in manufacturing for example castings as well as hardware 4, it would not surprise me if we get price reductions next year too. I doubt any price reductions would be large until the manufacturing upgrades have happened towards the end of next year and then depending on the economy.

Congrats to those who have recently received a VIN. As a guy who ordered Feb 22, and received the car just days before going away o/s, I can tell you after you receive the car, the only thing you’ll soon be “can’t wait”ing for is to get back to your beautiful new car again any time you away.

While overseas I’m planning road trips to avoid missing the car too much. Probably going to head to NSW for the “Fully Charged” weekend exhibition in March.

Don’t forget to update the spreadsheet with your info so other TMC members can get a clearer picture of when they can expect their VINs.

Spreadsheet: Tesla Australia Delivery Tracker.xlsx
Update form: Microsoft Forms

There’s been a lot of chatter about communication and debate about whether its in Teslas control. However I too got the registration paper and no instructions!!! What do I do with the form? (Be nice)
This is the message I got from tesla with the vicroads forms

Hi XYZ,

Please sign and return to [email protected].

Many thanks,

The Tesla Team

Reactions: radicalEd and Roon
There’s been a lot of chatter about communication and debate about whether its in Teslas control. However I too got the registration paper and no instructions!!! What do I do with the form? (Be nice)
You can always reply to the text messages from Tesla or call the number on your account page. I've found both to be very helpful in clearing up questions like these

Reactions: AdeInMelbs and Roon
I really haven't looked that far yet but will do this week. I notice @Neer has commented with communication from Tesla that might help.
I'll give my SA a call this week too and see what I need to do but I think another group is around on here about preparing for delivery etc too. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment. (I'm nice 🙂)

Reactions: Roon
Ordered M3LR White at the end of November. Was asking elsewhere how much confidence I could have in the Feb-May EDD, and some kind soul pointed out they were in stock (but with different wheels).

This morning I managed to change my order, got matched to a car, and the SA said delivery will be 2nd week of Jan! Now rushing around trying to book in a sparky for the charger, ceramic coating, wheel repair on my old car, selling old car and all the paperwork. My own fault.

Exciting times. Sorry to all the long term inhabitants of this forum.

I don't have an invoice yet - is there another way to tell?

Incidentally - my 'Next Steps' has not updated, still says 'Once a VIN has been assigned...', is that the case for the others too? I definitely have a VIN in the source code.
Ah, ok. You should get your invoice soon. I got mine two days after the "Vehicle assigned" email. Since you're in Melbs and have a delivery date timeframe, I'm hoping our cars are on the same ship.

I placed a July order (RWD white on white) and was mostly content to wait my turn in Feb-May, but saw this in my account today:

”Estimated Delivery: December 28 - January 18
We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon”

I’m in Brisbane.

Very unexpected, not sure what’s going on there, but based on this forum it could change several times. Anyone else from around a July order month have theirs change recently?

Reactions: daisy22 and mpowney
Ordered M3LR White at the end of November. Was asking elsewhere how much confidence I could have in the Feb-May EDD, and some kind soul pointed out they were in stock (but with different wheels).

This morning I managed to change my order, got matched to a car, and the SA said delivery will be 2nd week of Jan! Now rushing around trying to book in a sparky for the charger, ceramic coating, wheel repair on my old car, selling old car and all the paperwork. My own fault.

Exciting times. Sorry to all the long term inhabitants of this forum.
Fml..... M3LR white/black ordered 12/3 tas..... est delivery...TBD

Im going to cancel my RWD order. Tesla's EDD are all over the place and I have a feeling I'll be waiting at least 10 months (already waited 5.5).

Ended up getting a great price on a near new Long Range and only ended up being 4k more than the RWD.

Reactions: hk12