Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat. Was told minimum pick up date 9/01.
1F083F5D-2CC3-4BF3-962C-58009E641239.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: notaballer25
I'll be on a trip next week and will have limited phone/internet connection, so obviously I've been quite stressed about the delivery sms coming while I can't answer it! I contacted the Chatswood sales assistant and apparently they anticipate cars starting to get delivered on the 10th of Jan. If this is true it actually suits me rather well, but it is hard to wait knowing they're now on shore in NSW!

300 odd pages since my last post saying I had 7.5hrs until taking delivery, on 22nd Sept.
Never got around to posting photos.
6 weeks after I got it, on 12th Nov, a girl ran a red light, and I have now NOT had it longer than I had it.
So I'm back in the waiting room again: waiting for it to be repaired.
This must be awful for you ..and I do hope that know one was hurt. I guess this is a warning for all Tesla drivers to be exceptionally aware of red light runners. I see plenty in peak hour around Sydney area. Not assuming this was the case with your accident... but due to the rapid response and acceleration of your average Tesla from traffic lights, I imagine there could be many more accidents of this type in the future.

This must be awful for you ..and I do hope that know one was hurt. I guess this is a warning for all Tesla drivers to be exceptionally aware of red light runners. I see plenty in peak hour around Sydney area. Not assuming this was the case with your accident... but due to the rapid response and acceleration of your average Tesla from traffic lights, I imagine there could be many more accidents of this type in the future.
Yes, dashcam was very helpful in showing green light for me, red for the other driver
(and no real injuries, a few bruises)
20221229_150619.jpg

Well well I ordered in May around the 15th I have finally been given a VIN and an EDD. The build date was 28th of November and was ask to pay the final amount 2 days out from the 21st of December and a prepare for delivery notice between the 21st and 31st of December . Everything finalised as at the 2 day requirement. Delivery date given was 31st of January here in Brisbane. Tesla citing the delay on a lack of delivery trucks from the port. This I don’t believe at all. What I believe the issue there are just so many sales they can’t deliver them all in a timely manner that satisfies a high standard of delivery.
What ya gonna do ://

Reactions: Minties
Well well I ordered in May around the 15th I have finally been given a VIN and an EDD. The build date was 28th of November and was ask to pay the final amount 2 days out from the 21st of December and a prepare for delivery notice between the 21st and 31st of December . Everything finalised as at the 2 day requirement. Delivery date given was 31st of January here in Brisbane. Tesla citing the delay on a lack of delivery trucks from the port. This I don’t believe at all. What I believe the issue there are just so many sales they can’t deliver them all in a timely manner that satisfies a high standard of delivery.
What ya gonna do ://
Would you mind if I asked what your specs are?

The person at the Tesla support said the Delivery centers were having a 'break'!
She did assure me processing was continuing and it was possible over this time to receive a sms for a delivery appointment. We'll see.. 😏
They're also people like us, except they're not waiting for a car. Most industries are shut down until the 9th, so let's give them a break and resume the natter on the 9th.

I do know that the car carriers are NOT shut down and are running cars across Sydney from the 3rd onwards (source is not VedaPrime)

Pick up for me is tomorrow. Got a phone call from someone at the warehouse to confirm that I'm still picking it up (yes, duh!), reminding me it is at the warehouse (maybe thought I would go to the dealership) and to have the app downloaded (the same one I've been refreshing for the last 9 months 😂). Said it would take about 10-15 minutes to set before I would be on my way. Also received email confirming same. I'll be taking a lot longer to check out the whole car.
This afternoon the rego appeared on the TMR website, so I could add to insurance and toll account (I'll be going through tunnel on way home).
Will it be worth the wait? Hard to say. It will feel like it after not having a car for 3 weeks (any car at this point would be welcome). It will a fancy new car for me with lots of bells and whistles. But it's not an essential upgrade, so waiting wasn't really an issue.
What has been most enjoyable is waiting with everyone else in this forum. It's been great fun, I've learnt a lot about the Tesla, shipping, logistics, and forklifts, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more Tesla's on the roads soon.

Pick up for me is tomorrow. Got a phone call from someone at the warehouse to confirm that I'm still picking it up (yes, duh!), reminding me it is at the warehouse (maybe thought I would go to the dealership) and to have the app downloaded (the same one I've been refreshing for the last 9 months 😂). Said it would take about 10-15 minutes to set before I would be on my way. Also received email confirming same. I'll be taking a lot longer to check out the whole car.
This afternoon the rego appeared on the TMR website, so I could add to insurance and toll account (I'll be going through tunnel on way home).
Will it be worth the wait? Hard to say. It will feel like it after not having a car for 3 weeks (any car at this point would be welcome). It will a fancy new car for me with lots of bells and whistles. But it's not an essential upgrade, so waiting wasn't really an issue.
What has been most enjoyable is waiting with everyone else in this forum. It's been great fun, I've learnt a lot about the Tesla, shipping, logistics, and forklifts, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more Tesla's on the roads soon.
Congratulations 🥳 Have a lot a fun with it.👍

View attachment 889786
Here he is, Adelaide delivery centre is excellent. Super friendly and responsive, I'm a very happy girl.

Another Feb order FINALLY fulfilled
It was worth the wait! I know, I was there a few hours later.

Thanks to all of those who have contributed to this forum for the past 10 months. It has been quite interesting reading and also a friendly place to vent...but we got there.

For any remaining Feb (22) orders, hang in there. Your resilience will be rewarded soon.

Signing out...And about to officially name Ken the car.

26 Feb (22), Vanilla RWD, ADL