Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
........Everyone says you get used to the central display in the 3 or Y in less than an hour. So I’d try it before I even contemplated buying one of these!

I totally agree with this. I had similar thoughts about buying a hud screen until i rented a m3 few weeks ago.
The speed and map are the main thing i often glanced at.
For map i didn't really have to as it have full audio directions, i just wanted to look at the screen because it looked so nice.
As for speed I did find myself often go over 60 in a 60 zone, but i think that's just from driving an EV for the first time, you should adapt to the car pretty quickly.

Reactions: Benzz and No EV
I totally agree with this. I had similar thoughts about buying a hud screen until i rented a m3 few weeks ago.
The speed and map are the main thing i often glanced at.
For map i didn't really have to as it have full audio directions, i just wanted to look at the screen because it looked so nice.
As for speed I did find myself often go over 60 in a 60 zone, but i think that's just from driving an EV for the first time, you should adapt to the car pretty quickly
You guys should check out Teslogic - Mobile Dashboard for Tesla Model 3/Y a HUD using your mobile and it’s not permanent and gives more information. Easy install too

• Love
Reactions: MozMan and No EV
Just got my SMS message with delivery window 18-19 Jan at Mt Gravatt. It is outside of the window still displaying on my app as 27 Dec to 17 Jan. Unfortunately for me, I am away from 14th to 28th so tried to call to rearrange a time. They can’t do it over the phone and will have to ask Operations what they can do and someone will get back to me.

Apparently the trucking companies are taking holidays so they can’t get the cars to us any earlier 🙄 I’m pretty sure one of the emails or messages I received recently stated they will be working through the holidays to deliver the cars. How can they promise that if they hadn’t organised trucking during that period?!?

Reactions: Minties and daisy22
Yes 18 Jan. SA says the cars are recovered randomly from Brisbane docks by the carrier and their Hendra delivery people deliver what they have. What I don't understand is how they can give me a delivery date when they can't be sure when the car will be in their delivery centre. All a bit disorganised isn't it?
I think you will be one of the longest waits. I pick up a day before you and ordered a month after You. I am interested who would have waited longer if any.

Yes 18 Jan. SA says the cars are recovered randomly from Brisbane docks by the carrier and their Hendra delivery people deliver what they have. What I don't understand is how they can give me a delivery date when they can't be sure when the car will be in their delivery centre. All a bit disorganised isn't it?
If it’s random pick up why is my date specific at 09:30 21Jan. Why then if all those cars already here they can’t deliver IAW order date. My order date was 27Mar.

Another EDD update, 12 Jan - 26 Jan
Alexandria, NSW
It’s arbitrary the changes, and I find it fascinating they try. And there are so many date ranges for Alexandria alone. And looking at WA deliveries, why did they sit in SNG for so long. So many questions, as I await the delivery text…..

10 Jan - 26 Jan
31 Dec - 21 Jan
26 Dec - 15 Jan
15 Dec - 29 Dec

Reactions: *Sparkles* and hk12
Another EDD update, 12 Jan - 26 Jan
Alexandria, NSW
It’s arbitrary the changes, and I find it fascinating they try. And there are so many date ranges for Alexandria alone. And looking at WA deliveries, why did they sit in SNG for so long. So many questions, as I await the delivery text…..

10 Jan - 26 Jan
31 Dec - 21 Jan
26 Dec - 15 Jan
15 Dec - 29 Dec
I am also waiting for the delivery sms to pick up at Alexandria, NSW

I guess no sms delivery was sent out today for NSW.
I am getting a little frustrated and spoke to the virtual sales team today who mentioned there are still logistical issues at Port Kembla getting cars out due to strikes.

He did mention the earliest possible delivery date for me would be 11th Jan but mentioned it could even be longer.

Who knows…