Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting to see that some people are still waiting from their March order? Their delivery timing doesn't make sense sometimes.

I only ordered in Oct 2022, I keep expecting to see order delays, but still says FEB - May. I'm increasingly thinking this so unlikely with the posts I'm seeing here!
Interestingly, I also placed my order in mid Oct, but have a car assigned in early Dec and get multiple EDD updates since then. The only differences are my car is white/white and I am in Sydney

Interestingly, I also placed my order in mid Oct, but have a car assigned in early Dec and get multiple EDD updates since then. The only differences are my car is white/white and I am in Sydney
I also placed my order for RWD White/black in October and have already gotten a delivery appointment for the 20th of January.

Just curious. For those in Sydney that have gotten their cars, what’s the first two letters on your rego?

With regards to NSW rego letters:

For the past couple of weeks or so, I took over driving (delivery) duties temporarily for my driver (EDIT: the implication here is, I am on the road a lot... at least 4-5 hours a day every day), and the 'latest' I have come across is EXI... (that's "I" for "India"). I also saw a YouTube recently of a Sydney YouTuber taking delivery of a BYD Atto 3 on Dec 12 (or thereabouts, I forget now), and his rego was EXE...

Therefore I would safely say, forget EV and EW.... those are long gone.

Last post 25th of November, the day i received my VIN. My car delivery was moved from Chatswood to Alexandria in December. Original EDD 5/12 - 25/12, latest EDD 8/02 - 1/03. Yet red rwd cars available on the Tesla inventory stock.

Finance and Insurance offers will expire, holidays have been messed about. . Not sure what to do anymore

First thing this morning, will ask for my deposit money to be returned to my account.
With cost blow outs now, having to renegotiating new finance and insurances and a good chance i will miss out the NSW government EV rebate.

Considering my options, may cancel my order. Plenty of new cars coming to market and another 2 month possibly till i receive a delivery date.

Please DO NOT hand any money over till you receive an actual delivery date.

Good luck everyone, not usually a negative person, but this experience has been definitely deflating.

M3 RWD Red/Black | Sydney
OD: 18/03
I’m really sorry bro. I have the same spec, ordered Aug. Got the text yesterday to organise delivery 14 Jan at Alexandria. The same day I fly out for a long awaited NZ holiday with my partner, 12 months in the making. I won’t be there to pick up our sweet ride (instead, our very excited BIL will be). But I’m grateful for the car, as well as incredibly frustrated that I received mine before yours.

Cancel or keep waiting, I’m really sorry for your experience.

Wow you can save thousands if bought in Tasmania. Does anyone buy there and then drive of ship it to their state?
I know these probably sounds like stupid questions, but I'm American so it's expected. :)
It may seem that way because of how the local government's incentives work. On the mainland they charge you stamp duty when you buy a new car, but then they give it back to you because EV. In Tassie they simply don't charge the tax. Overall the cost is very similar.