Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my delivery booked in for the 03/02 I’ve just received the following txt from Tesla:
Today, we updated the base price of Model 3 and select vehicle options in Australia, making the path to Tesla ownership more affordable.

We are pleased to advise that your order is eligible for the updated pricing, your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement and Final Invoice will reflect this change accordingly in the coming days; no further action is required.

To view the latest pricing, visit the Design Studio.
Same here, changed my colour from blue to red now.:cool:

Reactions: Stealthmatt
I just received a text "Today, we updated the base price of Model 3 and select vehicle options in Australia making the path to Tesla ownership more affordable. We are pleased to advise that your order is eligible for the updated pricing, your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement and Final Invoice will reflect this change accordingly in the coming days; no further action nis required. To view the latest pricing, visit the Design Studio"
I also received this message. When I compared the new agreement with the original, I see the stamp duty component is missing in the new agreement which is reducing the cost by $2500. This is a waiver given by government and not Tesla itself. So the actual amount difference is $487. Surprised to see Tesla send these kind of messages when they have reduced the cost to bare minimum

I also received this message. When I compared the new agreement with the original, I see the stamp duty component is missing in the new agreement which is reducing the cost by $2500. This is a waiver given by government and not Tesla itself. So the actual amount difference is $487. Surprised to see Tesla send these kind of messages when they have reduced the cost to bare minimum
Can you tell me where the government discount information is? So Tesla is reducing the cost of the car to fit into a certain limit? Is there any articles?

Red is a much better colour than the Blue on the Tesla. The Blue with any bit of dirt just makes it grey blue.... Blue is my fav colour, but it just didn't do it for me - the red though really popped!

What made you change?
Initially i opted for blue as i could still get the ev subsidy from Victoria, with the price change, I can get the red and still stay under the threshold to get the subsidy.

Reactions: RichardV
Hey that's good news for you. I looked at my account this morning which has been showing paid in full until this morning when they reckon I owe them $2. Phoned them up to find out why and was also told my car is still at the port although I had an sms saying it was in transit from the port to the depot. MOST p****d off. Did you get any indication from them that your car was on its way to Townsville?
The only indication i got was the vin showed up as registered on the qldrego app.. and they register it right before they ship it on the truck.

What i DONT understand is how @No EV was delivered THIS week 🤔

Have i been lied to?

I hope there is a survey at the end?

This is not the same for me? maybe we live in a different state, or we ordered at a different time.

My original car price was $68,725 inc GST, the new price is $67150 inc GST. So it's a $1575 saving on the car. The stamp duty is slightly less (due to the car value being less)

Can I ask people who are waiting on the model 3 - what version are you getting? I was getting the performance but with the latest cost changes, I am thinking might be more sensible to change the rims and get long range with boost pack? saving my self about 10k
It really depends on what you want. My car was picked to be under the lct threshold so I can get it FBT free in a Novated Lease. The M3P you get the upgraded suspension, wheels etc, but for me, it's hard to justify if it's a daily driver. I watched a series of drag races between the LR+ and the M3P and the performance was 1 car length ahead after 1/4 mile and that's it.

Reactions: Serza
My case, everything went through by e mail so far. also for the booking as well. In the e mail, there is link for booking selection. Seems like no SMS for me this time again.
Dont know why. BD : 25th 11 and booked for 8th Feb 😓
@derek1218 Not sure if this may be the reason, but go to your Tesla app on your phone and click on your profile (which would be the pic on the top right hand side), then select your Account, then select your contact info to make sure that your mobile number is correct.

@derek1218 Not sure if this may be the reason, but go to your Tesla app on your phone and click on your profile (which would be the pic on the top right hand side), then select your Account, then select your contact info to make sure that your mobile number is correct.
It was their fault, my accout detail is all correct. btw, my number plate fee has gone up. how about you? still same? mine is $129 , before it was $125