Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Order on 9/5/22 rwd white/black still nothing at all after called them 5 times ! Look like Vic orders for rwd get ignored by tesla !

I think they're making progress on catching up - my order was a month before yours - I have a VIN but am waiting for the suspected ship to dock at Melb. What was the EDD period when you ordered? Is it still within your EDD window?

EDD: 9-12 months. But why some people order on july -sep in vic already have delivery date? Isn’t it order should be in queue?
Probably. But as has been written here many pages ago, Tesla appear to build in batches not to order. So if they're not building a batch of cars to match your order this month then someone who is after you in the order queue may get the car as it was in the batch they built.

An oversimplification I know but it illustrates the point. I feel the frustration as well, having order in early May and showing EDD Dec 22- Jan 23, which I suggest won't be met.

Reactions: Ryanjava
Had my M3RWD white/white. Great service in Adelaide. Spent 44 minutes inspecting just had to click on hazard lights to get assistance or to leave. Couldn’t find any issues.
After a week and 1200 km with my new car, loving the experience but phantom braking is real and auto windscreen wipers are iffy especially since you can’t switch off wipers when I’m autopilot. Thanks everyone for the 312 days of information since I ordered. Hope everyone currently waiting can hang in there. You really do forget the wait as you drive out of the delivery centre but be prepared for lots of learning no matter how much research you’ve done. Farewell 😄

A warning for those going thru SGFleet novated leasing. My company uses them exclusively. I would not use them if I had a choice.

I'm supposed to pick up my car tomorrow but SGFleet has not paid Tesla. It should have been paid last friday but SG Fleet has been very slow. I'm not sure what will happen to my deposit or if my VIN will be re-assigned. I will be calling Tesla later today.

- Sent SG Fleet order agreement on 13/12/22, when my DD was updated to December to start finance application process.
- I was informed that it was approved. SG fleet sends an email on 30/12/22 requesting for copy of the invoice. My office was in holiday shutdown. I only open my email on 09/01/23
- 09/01 I sent the updated invoice(after the price change). My original DD was 20/01/23. Last day for payment should have been 16/01/23
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email saying that the guy in charge of my file was off sick. I had to call tesla to reschedule my DD to 25/01
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email to request to have the "invoice to" party changed to SG fleet. 10 days after I sent it to them
- 20/01 SG Fleet then send me an email (last day for payment for DD of 25/01) to have to the invoice amended again because the amount payable and amount due do not match.
- 20/01 I call Tesla and have it changed at 10AM. The person changing the invoice cannot generate the invoice. That is handled by another group and the person you speak to on the 1800 number cannot do anything to expedite it. The invoice was generated on21/01
- 20/01 I inform SG Fleet that I have not received the updated invoice at 2PM. The consultant send me a screenshot that they have uploaded the invoice in their system. He says it's all good and I don't have to do anything
- 23/01 I email the consultant and ask what the status is. I get an out of office reply.
- 23/01 I reply to their generic purchasing email address and do not get a reply. I call and speak to the team lead and was told that I did not send them the invoice. I send it at 4PM and call to request to be updated once payment is made.
- 24/01. One day before DD, I still don't know the status. No reply or call from SG Fleet. I'll be calling Tesla soon to see if my car has been re-assigned

Things you should do if going thru novated leasing
1. Get the invoice to party changed to the leasing company as soon as possible. Don't wait for them to send a request
2. Make sure your amount due and amount payable are the same. I think this is Tesla's fault. They adjust the amount to be refunded instead of changing the amount payable.
3. AVOID SG FLEET!!!
Wow! I’m going through Alliance leasing and Macquarie finance. Received invoice from Tesla yesterday sent to Alliance yesterday afternoon. Received settlement notice at lunch today that full payment made. Tesla confirmed payment received almost immediately. Booked pickup for Saturday. Happy days!

Reactions: dpangier and Dilepa
Me too!! Thanks for giving me the idea to check. EVE-###, only problem is everyone will think my name is Eve. Or I'm driving my wife's car
Oh no, my rego is EVE### as well. I was looking at it as though the cars name was Eve. Didn't consider drivers name is Eve. I named the car Eve in the systems. The family calls the car Eve. Am I driving a girls car? I wont name examples as I don't want to offend anyone. Ok, one example; Suzuki Swift. Surely cant be any argument there.
While I am here. Since I have taken delivery I probably should check out of this forum. Thanks for the company of individuals in similar (same) circumstances. Maybe a cliche by now, but 'Worth the wait'. Hope all present are able to receive delivery soon.
PS: I have the RWD. During period of waiting I was starting to doubt I would be happy with the RWD and should have ordered LR. I am actually happy with performance and range of RWD. My feelings are, that like a lot of things the 0-100 is more of a novelty that after a few runs makes you consider if you are just being irresponsible. However, cred to the crew with the extra badges. Enjoy.

Last edited:
On Friday 20/01 took delivery of a new M3LR white, 75% charge and 11km. This was my second Tesla had a 2020 M3SR+ Fremont Build. Now have a 2022 M3LR MIC.
First of all, thanks to the damn repeated fumigation it went through due to quarantine requirements, it absolutely stinks of a really strong chemical smell, no new car smell.
Delivery experience:
Picked up from Alexandria, they make you “accept” delivery in your account before you even see the car. Not a fan of that in case its a lemon but lucky I had no show stoppers with delivery.
There was A LOT of teslas in the warehouse and about 5 other delivery’s same time as me. As I said I already had a Tesla they just pointed me to my car and confirmed my vin. I didn’t like how rushed I was with the pickup. They only gave me 15 minutes before I was told I had to leave, I was still busy doing my inspection and connecting my phone, adjusting seats etc.
I drove the car 9km from the delivery centre and found a stone chip in the windscreen already! I’d say its more of a stone scratch, its only marked the outside layer of the windscreen. I can’t say if I missed it during delivery or it occured on the drive. I didn’t see/ hear anything hit the car.

The car: previously I had (at least what I thought) a very good Fremont build last time. After owning the car for 2 years you get to know it very intimately.
The new MIC build is significantly better build quality. Side by side at a glace you wouldn’t notice. But closer inspection on all the little things you really notice it.
While the build quality is better, the actual car feels cheaper. Things that no one talks about. The old silver door handles were “slightly” larger and weightier. The steering wheel was “slightly” thicker. This is all a difference in the mm range but little things I noticed immediately. The “leather” all over but specifically the steering wheel feels different, slightly more matt finished.
Compared to my SR+ the acceleration is obviously faster but its much smoother. I can’t describe it but sr+ seemed to accelerate “harder” and “bumpier” but slower where the LR just silently glides to super fast speed without notice. Unsure if this is due to refinement or SR vs LR.
It is also quieter with the outside road noise. My last car was fairly noisy, so much so I had a mechanic go for a drive to listen but was told it was normal.
Finally, the aircon, haven’t had much time with it, but it seems worse than the non heatpump one. My last car would get COLD very quickly this car I need the temp lower and it feels like the air coming out isn’t as ice cold. The direction for the driver side one also doesn’t appear to be able to aim up as high, stops at the steering wheel. There is an existing thread on the aircon Ill look into and maybe do a service request.

Overall, super happy with the car. Despite being an existing owner I’m still blown away with how good it is.

Last edited:
Wow! I’m going through Alliance leasing and Macquarie finance. Received invoice from Tesla yesterday sent to Alliance yesterday afternoon. Received settlement notice at lunch today that full payment made. Tesla confirmed payment received almost immediately. Booked pickup for Saturday. Happy days!
Same... my pickup is next Wednesday at Mt Gravatt, and Alliance paid yesterday to avoid issues around the public holiday. The Tesla account shows as paid already. Can't wait.

Thought I might post this for the lucky 12 people in Melbourne getting a new car soon.
Just saw this on the M1 on the way out of town.
IMG_20230127_182616.jpg