Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea, but in this case he appears to have jumped the gun in the rush to be first to publish.
There was a reply to Veda's tweet about the RoVeR update speculating about a new "4th" model.

I knew this was already there last year when I was comparing Model 3 and Model Y power and battery capacities, which is why I realised pretty quickly nothing had changed.

But anyone looking at today's RoVeR update and comparing with power and battery ratings from elsewhere is going to add 1+1 and come up with 3.
Out of interest, there is no difference in the battery and power capacity between the 2022 3 & Y, right?

Out of interest, there is no difference in the battery and power capacity between the 2022 3 & Y, right?
They use the same batteries and the same motors, but according to RoVeR the Model 3 RWD is 208kW @ 6,500 rpm and the Model Y RWD 220kW @ 8,000 rpm. I don't know if that means they have different tunes or just measured differently.

Both performance models are rated as 393kW @ 5,500 rpm

Reactions: Urbs
Do the cars also come with a usb stick or should I buy one? Thank you.
yes they do. but have seen many reviews recommending buying a larger capacity 256 or 512GB portable SSD. Individual preference I guess.

below from Owners manual.
1676495322649.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Longtimewaitin
Are you trading in a car to Tesla? That can affect the hidden VIN from showing up.
And pending finance can as well, I believe.
Either way, you should get VicRoads forms and/or the Tesla final invoice in the next few days which will show your VIN.
No vehicle trade in but i need to organise finance through my Novated Lease provider. I was dragging my heels because i thought i would be waiting for at least another 8 weeks

So, just airing out some random thoughts here. I noticed this morning there is some media coverage about Tesla doing a partial shutdown in Shanghai factory for Model 3 production lines until end of Feb to upgrade the lines again. The suspicion without any official confirmation is that the rumored Model 3 facelift might start production after this factory upgrade.
Now my order was placed in August 2022 and I currently still have EDD Feb-May 2023 with no VIN or assigned vehicle. So now I am conflicted in if I hope they dont assign me the car until the new production starts after the production line upgrades, so I get the updated model or if I should hope that someone else cancels theirs and I get my car slightly sooner, as last time after the shutdown the delivery window stretched far out for AU deliveries.

So, just airing out some random thoughts here. I noticed this morning there is some media coverage about Tesla doing a partial shutdown in Shanghai factory for Model 3 production lines until end of Feb to upgrade the lines again. The suspicion without any official confirmation is that the rumored Model 3 facelift might start production after this factory upgrade.
Now my order was placed in August 2022 and I currently still have EDD Feb-May 2023 with no VIN or assigned vehicle. So now I am conflicted in if I hope they dont assign me the car until the new production starts after the production line upgrades, so I get the updated model or if I should hope that someone else cancels theirs and I get my car slightly sooner, as last time after the shutdown the delivery window stretched far out for AU deliveries.
That’s exactly why I canceled mine in December, I’m waiting for this refresh, I have a feeling the changes are going to be fairly significant? I’m in no rush for it anyway🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely get your order back in in now if it 4-6 months delivery?
Well it’s still showing a Feb-May delivery, so if I ordered now I could get one in 2 weeks? Also the spec I want has been sitting in inventory in NSW for nearly 2 months? This car just won’t move? I could get allocated that one? No still too early, I have a feeling Elon will announce it at the investor day on March 1?