Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Log into your account on your web browser, if you right click somewhere on the page you should get a drop down menu which says 'view page source'

Once you have that open, press CRTL+F to get the search bar, and search through "vin"
So the order mustn't be linked to my account or something yet - no vin etc etc
Can't really switch to a novated lease in that way, as your employer kinda buys the car, and allows you to use it, for a decrease in wage.

what info can we do with a hidden VIN?
1. bask in the knowledge that your car has finally been built, and is on its way to you
2. optionally join Vedaprime to get information on which ship your car is on so you can follow its voyage from Shanghai to Melbourne, information about how the delays at the (complete shambles) Port of Melbourne affect you etc.
3. (when closer to delivery) organise insurance

Reactions: ChrisAKAHydra
So what info can we do with a hidden VIN?
Put it into a Roro search for molace ship to see if its on one of their ships (RoRo), though it could be on a different carrier ship. It also tells you if its an older car that has been re-assigned as in 2022 produced car or 2023 produced car. Mine appears to be 2023 produced:
as in 10th position of my VIN: P= 2023
Also once it gets registered in AU, you should be able to look it up in the local registration database, but thats pretty much right before pickup.

Reactions: Ballhair