Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, 47, that'll do it. At highway speeds the 42 psi feels nice and smooth. For sweepers (corners) it feels pinpoint accurate, and for 90 degree outside-apex-outside corners it's pretty good, but I am less daring with those compared to the old car (so far :) ).

It's also brilliant for overtaking and the odd traffic light grand prix (yours even more so than mine I think, I have the LR).
My inbound povo-pack RWD will be the slowest of all 3, but im guessing quicker than the soccer mum SUV driving sheeples.. :)

More crap for the pile. I was looking for one of those MagSafe wireless charging things that sticks on the back of the screen but somehow ended up with this:

IMG_6671.jpeg
IMG_6672.jpeg

I was just watching the BYD Seal Australian launch replay on the ludicrous Feed Youtube channel. While BYD is not my cup of tea Im hoping Tesla can get their AU Highland delivered to market ASAP, that seal is pretty competitive pricewise, has some layman features most people might miss in a Tesla (Android Auto/Applecarply, stalks (lol), range etc.) so i can see that it will be popular with the new generation. And people who just worked out they need something less generic than an atto3 haha. deliveries are set for December.
Not something id consider for many reasons, including real leather seats (Bleh!) and many others i wont go into.

Slightly off topic, but probably something people consider while in a waiting room.
It’s not there yet for me, but it’s quite impressive how quickly BYD have managed to make a car that’s actually quite appealing if it’s the sum of its parts.

If they keep improving at this rate and keep their design team they’re going to do very well.

Reactions: dronus
It’s not there yet for me, but it’s quite impressive how quickly BYD have managed to make a car that’s actually quite appealing if it’s the sum of its parts.

If they keep improving at this rate and keep their design team they’re going to do very well.
Absolutely. Also, ditching the weird names might help. I noticed that they use real leather in their seats too so that a big negative from me, but the innovation and design isnt like anything else on the market and will appeal to people looking to cross over from sedans and hot hatches.
Every time some commentator says "it wont be popular because sedans are not as popular as SUVs" it makes me cringe. It would be interesting to see what percentage of people are influenced by what motoring commentators say, i had a friend who bought a Hilux. When i asked him why he called me an idiot and said "because it is the number 1 selling car in australia!" he had no use for a ute and when i saw him at the local shops during summer putting his young kids in the back and his rapidly melting ice cream in the tray i noticed a little something in his eye...

How is your beast of a car going? Been enjoying the ride? Any cool stories to share so we can live vicariously thru your freshly delivered beast?

The names Build Your Dreams, Atto, Seal, Dolphin all remind me of the first time i went to register a business name. What should i call it? I dont know... a few days later im like bugger it... AAAAA Electrical or something. Bought a domain name, built a website, business cards then another week later found myself thinking.... what have i done? hahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: AngryLitig8r
How is your beast of a car going? Been enjoying the ride? Any cool stories to share so we can live vicariously thru your freshly delivered beast?
So far all good - only got 500km on it as work has been mental so I haven’t had a decent run in it yet. Will get to flog it down the freeway tomorrow to a meeting so looking forward to that.

Traffic light grand prixs are so much fun now 😆

I placed an order for a blue RWD M3 back in September. After watching the MotorTrend reviews in the US of the highland, I have a new found obsession for the stealth grey colour. It looks very sporty yet smart and really pops in the desert sun for what is a dark colour.

If I ‘redesign’ my order, does this put me at the back of the queue? Asking for a friend :’)

Review link: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-tesla-model-3-highland-first-drive-review/amp/

I placed an order for a blue RWD M3 back in September. After watching the MotorTrend reviews in the US of the highland, I have a new found obsession for the stealth grey colour. It looks very sporty yet smart and really pops in the desert sun for what is a dark colour.

If I ‘redesign’ my order, does this put me at the back of the queue? Asking for a friend :’)

Review link: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-tesla-model-3-highland-first-drive-review/amp/
Certainly no expert on this, but based on others' comments you should be ok to change it for now without delaying your order (given none of us with Highland orders have a VIN assigned). Unless you're desperate for a car, even if it does put you back a month or so isn't that worth it to get the car you really want?

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Also forgive me if this isn't the right place for this, but given a lot of us here a new buyers I thought others might have been doing research on this recently. Does anybody know if you can get a Tesla 32A 'blue' adapter for the Universal Mobile Connector in Australia so that we can use the UMC to do 7kW charging over single phase? It doesn't seem to be available in the Australian store (but it is in the European store - see here: 32A Adapter - EU). I know there are third party adapters out there but I'd prefer to get the Tesla one if possible.

Also forgive me if this isn't the right place for this, but given a lot of us here a new buyers I thought others might have been doing research on this recently. Does anybody know if you can get a Tesla 32A 'blue' adapter for the Universal Mobile Connector in Australia so that we can use the UMC to do 7kW charging over single phase? It doesn't seem to be available in the Australian store (but it is in the European store - see here: 32A Adapter - EU). I know there are third party adapters out there but I'd prefer to get the Tesla one if possible.
I bought the 32a tail (3 phase plug 5 pin) online from here
Seems really good quality, and worked with the single phase circuit I put in the shed at home and the 3 phase socket at work (just incase it accidentally falls into it when the boss is out)

• Funny
Reactions: MBau

Stealth Grey looks awesome, can’t wait until mine gets here…..
The manage order page does say it could affect timelines (and will affect cost) but being that out cars are probably currently haven’t been built you *should* be fine.
If you do change it, can you let us know if your RN changes please?

I bought the 32a tail (3 phase plug 5 pin) online from here
Seems really good quality, and worked with the single phase circuit I put in the shed at home and the 3 phase socket at work (just incase it accidentally falls into it when the boss is out)
Cheers for this!! There's only single phase at my place so I reckon the 32a 3 pin will be the way to go? I've seen some people suggest getting the 5 pin even to use on single phase, because that sort of plug is more common when out and about. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers for this!! There's only single phase at my place so I reckon the 32a 3 pin will be the way to go? I've seen some people suggest getting the 5 pin even to use on single phase, because that sort of plug is more common when out and about. Any thoughts on that?
Sparky literally came over today to quote exactly this!

I have single phase at home so he will be installing a 32A 3-pin socket as I'll be ordering the adaptor from evchargers site. I'm no electrician but according to their site (selling the adaptor) 7.2kw is possible on 32A regardless of single/three phase.

You make a good point on installing 5-pin though, to make it more versatile when out and about, but I'd be pissed rocking up to a public 3-pin socket with a 5pin plug.

looking at some images on google, a 3-pin could fit into a 5-pin socket, but I don't know if it will start a fire. However, a 5 pin cannot fit into a 3-pin socket unless it has 2 dummy holes which it probably won't have

Yeah so I only have single phase at home and the UMC is only single phase too.
With my setup I ran a single phase 32a circuit from my meter box to my driveway and installed a Tesla wall connector there with an isolator.
My shed has 8mm running to its own sub board so I ran another single phase 32a circuit inside my shed to a 3phase 5 pin socket. I just rewired it to use phase 1 so when I use the plug above into the UMC it’s all tickity boo. I’ll only have 1 EV so they won’t get used at the same time, and if they do the cabling all good and the main will trip.
The reason I used the 5 pin socket in the shed was so that I could use that 5 pin plug, and take it with me when I travel as it is quite common out and about as you mentioned. I’ve never seen a 3 pin (it’s actually 4) 32a socket out and about. I’ve seen 20a at caravan parks but they are different again.
You can get all kinds of adapters but realistically I’ll be charging from my WC most of the time, in the shed if I’m hiding and guilt eating a pizza in the car, using Super chargers when travelling and I’ll have the UMC in case the opportunity arises to top up overnight.

Sparky literally came over today to quote exactly this!

I have single phase at home so he will be installing a 32A 3-pin socket as I'll be ordering the adaptor from evchargers site. I'm no electrician but according to their site (selling the adaptor) 7.2kw is possible on 32A regardless of single/three phase.

You make a good point on installing 5-pin though, to make it more versatile when out and about, but fck me I'd be pissed rocking up to a public 3-pin socket with a 5pin plug.

looking at some images on google, a 3-pin could fit into a 5-pin socket, but I don't know if it will start a fire. However, a 5 pin cannot fit into a 3-pin socket unless it has 2 dummy holes which it probably won't have
A 3 pin 32a plug won’t fit into a 5 pin socket. The keyway is different.