Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I being daft by thinking it is just included? i.e. it is on a lease so in their own interest to have paint protection and tinted windows to protect the value of the car should they end up with it coming back? I should have really checked with them on this.
Nah, they add it in. My NL mob tried to sell me on it (pretty softly in fairness) and I told them no. I got it done anyway, but by a place I know and trust the work of.

You’ll probably pay an inflated price, but it’s probably only a couple of grand which is paid with pre tax dollars and no FBT. So if the rest of the deal stacks up (i.e. not getting reamed on the interest rate) I’d probably let it slide.

My guy did a great job but I needed to take two days off of work to get it all sorted (which is worth way more than I saved when I actually did the numbers 🤣).

Nah, they add it in. My NL mob tried to sell me on it (pretty softly in fairness) and I told them no. I got it done anyway, but by a place I know and trust the work of.

You’ll probably pay an inflated price, but it’s probably only a couple of grand which is paid with pre tax dollars and no FBT. So if the rest of the deal stacks up (i.e. not getting reamed on the interest rate) I’d probably let it slide.

My guy did a great job but I needed to take two days off of work to get it all sorted (which is worth way more than I saved when I actually did the numbers 🤣).
I am still building anxiety about leaving my car (which hasnt been built yet) at the place that does the tinting and ceramic coating haha.. might drive past and make sure they have a waiting room with a window that looks into the workshop.... hahaha...

• Funny
Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Yeah after @Jules22 mentioned the airflow thing too id probably have to give it a miss.. Might have to get something like this...

Or try and find one with wireless charging..

I guess you could just put phone on the built in wireless charger but would be hard to see.. I wonder if alerts can go to apple watch if it sees the fuzz, might have to look into that.

Does the default Tesla mapping built in have any "road hazard warnings"? Or can it run google maps?
You can set Waze to “call” the car via bluetooth and broadcast the alerts. Not as helpful as having it on the main screen, but better than nothing.

The problem I have found and hoping someone may have a solution is that you have to connect via Bluetooth for waze to be audible on the car but then if you choose some different music on Spotify or a radio station it switches off Bluetooth and you lose the waze alerts.
With mine the alert is working, but not always broadcasting the message via bluetooth. But I know there’s an alert because it interrupts Spotify or the radio and there’s a 4 or 5 second gap in the audio.

Not perfect, but it still lets me know something is up.

Reactions: Cocoboy
New white M3 2023 RWD $56k in inventory now.. amazing how fast the stock turns around..
Screenshot 2023-10-27 190745.png