Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sh********t, imagine being so close yet so far from delivery. Bye bye, stink ship.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 19.52.20.png

A

Any chance someone can give me a 30 second summary of what happened here? I see lots of chat on stinkbugs but missed the og story
GC was due to deliver a Tesla Shipment I think in Oct-Nov. I believe they found a certain type of foreign stink bug/s on board upon arrival into Australia - which DAFF (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry) would have been all over and ordered the ship out. I think it's been fumigated maybe once or twice and sent back out off the coast for a period of time for the bugs to go to sleep.

Unfortunately, by the looks of things, GC has a full shipment of MYs and has now been turned around back to China. DAFF must not have been happy with it.

All the above is mostly from speculation from the MY thread and some second-hand correspondence from Tesla to those affected customers. I'm sure the story will potentially make some news articles like it did in 2018 when it happened in NZ.

Reactions: PcS000 and MBau
More details about future features on M3:

According to user eivissa who sleuthed over the certification documents, these are all the new headlight and other features that are coming to the Model 3 with an OTA software update:

• Front light activation (dipped beam) when wipers are active.
  • Rear light activation with front daytime running lights in low light conditions.
  • Adaptive Main Beam (Model 3 Highland)
  • Intelligent speed assistance (ISA) (Model 3 Highland)
  • Driver drowsiness and attention warning (DDAW) (Model 3 Highland)
  • Emergency lane-keeping systems (ELKS) (Model 3 Highland)
  • Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) (Model 3 Highland)
Tesla Model 3 Highland with adaptive headlights certified

Dronus we might miss out on the subsidy at this rate, although it’s not clear if an order before the end of the year will suffice. It does confirm there are still plenty of subsidies to claim if we are still eligible.

Reactions: dronus

Dronus we might miss out on the subsidy at this rate, although it’s not clear if an order before the end of the year will suffice. It does confirm there are still plenty of subsidies to claim if we are still eligible.
It says in an article I read today that eligible vehicles with orders placed before the cut off date (Jan 1) are still able to receive the rebate :)

Reactions: Koalified
I guess this now means fewer deliveries for Tesla to organise in the first weeks of January. Maybe VINs are inbound sooner than we think..
Hmm on the flip side it means more upheaval. They now need to find another ship to move a large number of MYs down here ASAP.

Hopefully they can get one of the much bigger ones and do a mixed load.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30