Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also see Dream Diva at North point, another that hasn't historically come to Australia, but with all the upheaval who knows.

The other major factor that is going to cause delays is the closure of the Suez. It's going to cause massive delays in the ships that now have to add 9 days each way which is going to have flow on effects all through the system.

Also there is the possibility of the ship docking at South Port, they have sent to Australia from there before too. I haven't seen anything of interest docking there in the past couple of days though.
Yep, she's added to my 'watch' list haha. Keeping dibs on all the ships that touch North port for the time being.. the list is growing.

Viking Passama has already updated her route to Korea, looks like she might be headed out sometime this morning.

Hope there's some fat in the schedule so Suez and stink bugs don't add too much of a spanner in the works.

Anyone know the reason why they predominately use North Port for shipments to Aus? South port is so much closer to Giga Shanghai.

I actually need to dm you re accessories because it seems like you might as well start up a Tesla accessory review site at this point 😂 I literally only want floor mats and sun shades but I don't like the woven look ones on tesery and I'm thinking of waiting for the more soft rubber look of the tesories TPE all weather ones.
I'm in the same boat, want those 2 items as well but would be happy to pay a bit extra for a good fit/finish.

Meanwhile our friendly Don is just north of PNG

Tis Don, tis Good (not sure if anyone will get that reference, lol, don't think that ad has run for a while)
Looks as though Don Juan and Morning Crystal are about to high-five each other in the Bismarck sea, north of PNG. Morning Crystal should be back in the new year (with maybe more Teslas). Lets hope no stink bugs jump over onto DJ as he passes GC.

Last edited:
No VIN. Morning Crystal next?
I'm not certain DJ is completely ruled out, I have hope haha.

Viking Passama is due to leave today for Korea and then onto Australia after that, Morning Crystal is the next publicly scheduled vehicle carrier coming to Aus. We don't have full eyes on the entirety of RoRo's coming here though.. but I'm trying to keep a spreadsheet going haha.

Reactions: Jules22
Not sure it could be. That would be 960,000 orders between September and now. Actually, I was thinking Australian orders numbers were generated just for Australia unless every order world wide was generated with a number from a single source.

Still, nearly a million orders in 3 months seems a lot but I could be wrong.
It seems to be sequential based on order numbers I've seen, and does seem to be worldwide also.

What are people doing for charging?

I was looking at the wall connector, but it seems like the mobile charger with a 32amp adapter will do the same thing?

Am I missing something?
15A UMC with the wall holster is enough for me. I drive <15k/pa so a 4h charging window will be enough for me daily. WFH life I guess...

I have some interesting charging conundrums; I am an Amber customer, with 2x PW2, and they can issue charge commands for the battery during cheap prices (and dispatch out at high prices). Considering they have tripped my C63 breaker on multiple occasions when home doing laundry, AC, etc it will be interesting to see how an extra high-load device adds to this. I managed to tap into the "Tesla Pro's" app and set a grid draw limit on the Gateway to something lower (around 50A -> ~11.5kW with nominal voltages).

With the LR battery being NMC, I think my charge limit will be quite low most of the time. Seems like most advice is to cycle around a median of 50% (so if daily use is 20% overall, then 40-60 is a good range). Probably a micro-optimisation compared just having it at 80 as advised...

Reactions: divstar
What are people doing for charging?

I was looking at the wall connector, but it seems like the mobile charger with a 32amp adapter will do the same thing?

Am I missing something?
There are a few threads on this already but im now in the back seat with the dog so here goes.
I put in the wall connector with a dedicated 32a circuit. Its permament, not hoing to get stolen and is configuable via the tesla app.
I also have a umc which i added a 32a 5pin tail. I can use that in the shed or out and about if im not near a charger etc.
They will both charge the car, and if you park your car in a shed the umc might suffice, but it wouldnt work for me as id either have to put it away after use or it might get stoken

Reactions: gambell
15A UMC with the wall holster is enough for me. I drive <15k/pa so a 4h charging window will be enough for me daily. WFH life I guess...

I have some interesting charging conundrums; I am an Amber customer, with 2x PW2, and they can issue charge commands for the battery during cheap prices (and dispatch out at high prices). Considering they have tripped my C63 breaker on multiple occasions when home doing laundry, AC, etc it will be interesting to see how an extra high-load device adds to this. I managed to tap into the "Tesla Pro's" app and set a grid draw limit on the Gateway to something lower (around 50A -> ~11.5kW with nominal voltages).

With the LR battery being NMC, I think my charge limit will be quite low most of the time. Seems like most advice is to cycle around a median of 50% (so if daily use is 20% overall, then 40-60 is a good range). Probably a micro-optimisation compared just having it at 80 as advised...
What is the "Tesa Pro's" app?

Amber customer myself and finding it really good, just a little dumb at times, so need to manually stop it importing at times and often manually export to increase earnings