Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7901.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on
Just checking the Tesla Australia Facebook group this afternoon, it would appear a few people have received VINs this morning! Perhaps a system is putting in overtime hours today, matching people to cars. I’ve seen a few people write they ordered in Oct/Nov with VINs. Mostly Sydney based and a regional NSW customer (not sure where specifically).

Perhaps our cars are ‘assigned’ but just not in the system yet for us to see.. maybe it’s done on purpose to prevent 1000’s of people potentially receiving VINs all at the same time to prevent overloading Tesla systems. All speculation and assumptions.. I just want a damn VIN 🥹 (please)

Just checking the Tesla Australia Facebook group this afternoon, it would appear a few people have received VINs this morning! Perhaps a system is putting in overtime hours today, matching people to cars. I’ve seen a few people write they ordered in Oct/Nov with VINs. Mostly Sydney based and a regional NSW customer (not sure where specifically).

Perhaps our cars are ‘assigned’ but just not in the system yet for us to see.. maybe it’s done on purpose to prevent 1000’s of people potentially receiving VINs all at the same time to prevent overloading Tesla systems. All speculation and assumptions.. I just want a damn VIN 🥹 (please)
wow, that's interesting, wouldn't have thought they'd be assigning still today.

1703474723512.png

Yep, when they called me to congratulate me on the purchase I asked to change it to the ACT.
Maybe? Whoever, my total distaste for Sydney would put me off doing that.Maybe I should’ve said Melbourne instead? 🤔
Actually now that you mention it, I believe I recall hearing they (and any other car dealer in the ACT can do this). The Tesla delivery centre is in Hume, ACT - you literally drive 1 street over and you’re back in NSW. Car dealers in the ACT usually can offer rego in either state to increase their sales catchment area (inc nearby NSW towns of Queanbeyan, Cooma, Jindabyne, Yass etc.)

Least the Wagga to Canberra drive isn’t bad. Done it plenty of times 😎

Just had a missed call from Tesla, automated call that voicemail recorded. It was asking me to confirm my appointment on Thursday, and there was an option to press a number to speak to someone. Christmas Day, the numpties. But maybe means they do have people working today.
Strange, sounds like someones keeping the lights on... unless it puts you through to Dojo, the supercomputer :cool:

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Just had a missed call from Tesla, automated call that voicemail recorded. It was asking me to confirm my appointment on Thursday, and there was an option to press a number to speak to someone. Christmas Day, the numpties. But maybe means they do have people working today.
Maybe eith the whole GC thing they are trying to get as many units out as possible