Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another note, I'm out looking for Type 2 Cable for charging. Any advice on cable the length (3m, 5m or 7m) and capacity (single phase or three phase) would be of great help.

My order is RWD/SR. I believe there's a difference in charging speed between SR / LR.
You want a three phase 22kW (32A) capable cable - that'll let you charge at maximum speed on either a single or three phase charger (an 11kW three phase cable would limit you to 3.5kW on a single-phase charger). For length I would say 3m is a bit short. 7m is good but a little heavy, depending on the person who's going to be handling it. The cable sold at the Tesla shop is good value - it's a three-phase 22kW Mennekes brand one.

(There is no difference in AC charging speed between SR and LR - LR and P can charge a bit faster on DC chargers but you do not use your own cable for those).

You want a three phase 22kW (32A) capable cable - that'll let you charge at maximum speed on either a single or three phase charger (an 11kW three phase cable would limit you to 3.5kW on a single-phase charger). For length I would say 3m is a bit short. 7m is good but a little heavy, depending on the person who's going to be handling it. The cable sold at the Tesla shop is good value - it's a three-phase 22kW Mennekes brand one.

(There is no difference in AC charging speed between SR and LR - LR and P can charge a bit faster on DC chargers but you do not use your own cable for those).
this is the one i got from tessories i think.
5m good compromise

Reactions: Nirman Kesari
(was too lazy to convert the rego to ACT, especially the stupid idea I would need to get a roadworthy on a 4 year old car)
You only need to get a roadworthy if the vehicle you're transferring into the ACT is more than 6 years old:

You only need to get a roadworthy if the vehicle you're transferring into the ACT is more than 6 years old:

I believe when transferring initially from interstate to the ACT you need a safety check done on top of everything else no matter how old the car is. I kept mine in NSW for that reason and cheaper rego.

*just checked - line 2 is where it states you need it

IMG_9238.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: cafz and Jules22
I believe when transferring initially from interstate to the ACT you need a safety check done on top of everything else no matter how old the car is. I kept mine in NSW for that reason and cheaper rego.

*just checked - line 2 is where it states you need it
Yep, exactly, completely ridiculous, so there was no way I was going to waste my time (and money) with that.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Those following the Model Y Waiting Room thread will be aware that 6,500-odd Model Ys on board the Stinkship Glovis Caravel were returned to China after several months bobbing around off the Queensland coast trying to clear a stink-bug infestation.

Well, I reckon the reason that we are not seeing Model 3 VIN-assignment activity yesterday/today is that the VIN-assigners have been busy re-assigning VINs to the Model Y buyers whose cars have returned to sender. Seems like just about everyone over there (Model Y Waiting Room) has received a new VIN in the last day or two.

Probably a very non-trivial exercise.

I'd probably be prioritising that activity if I was a Tesla manager: those poor sods have been on a long and uncomfortable roller-coaster ride for months. Showing them some positive progress would be an important piece of marketing.

I have an uneasy feeling us rAdelaidians might not get our vins until DJ leaves port kembla and is heading to melbourne.
I was thinking the same about ACT/regional NSW orders. Once DJ is en route to or has left PK I hope our VINs start flowing. Has anyone from outside greater Sydney/Wollongong area received a VIN?

The Model Y stink bug hangover could also be affecting us, as noted above.

Reactions: PcS000
Those following the Model Y Waiting Room thread will be aware that 6,500-odd Model Ys on board the Stinkship Glovis Caravel were returned to China after several months bobbing around off the Queensland coast trying to clear a stink-bug infestation.

Well, I reckon the reason that we are not seeing Model 3 VIN-assignment activity yesterday/today is that the VIN-assigners have been busy re-assigning VINs to the Model Y buyers whose cars have returned to sender. Seems like just about everyone over there (Model Y Waiting Room) has received a new VIN in the last day or two.

Probably a very non-trivial exercise.

I'd probably be prioritising that activity if I was a Tesla manager: those poor sods have been on a long and uncomfortable roller-coaster ride for months. Showing them some positive progress would be an important piece of marketing.

Makes some sense, I also think the glitch someone got told about is likely a cause for the delay. Just hope they get them out soon!