Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News from Sydney...

No first VIN.

No VIN withdrawn.

No second VIN.

No news at all.

No response from Tesla to questions regarding Chatswood DC (delays compared to Alexandria, risk/reward involved in changing order for delivery at Alexandria).

1704257966312.jpeg

Reasonably early order, basic LR configuration. Details in sig.

Time to tidy my study and watch some cricket. Watching Tesla news is boring when none of the news is for you.

Nah so MY23.5, I'm curious as to whether that's purely because it was technically built in 2023 or whether there was a difference in hardware or similar. I know there were whispers of early highlands copping HW3.5 as opposed to the full updated HW4. Actually come to think of it whomever accepted delivery the other day (sorry I've forgotten your handle) do your cameras have the red tint?
That is the highland. They are all HW4. For insurance the highland is MY23.5 and I assume MY24 if they are built this year

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Yeah, I sent an SMS asking what was going on, got a reply back that it was a glitch.

Emailed the ops manager and asked him for a contact in head office who knows what is going on so we can at least get some idea if we have a car or if we have to wait till RHD production stats again...
Yeah I spoke to a Sydney chap today who said it was an error on their behalf for assigning VINs incorrectly. Couldn’t offer up anymore information other than that. Just went back to Jan-Mar 24 EDD.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Hmm not looking good for me. Just got a response back saying the VIN allocation was an error and that I should hear something "in the next few weeks"

I'm taking that to mean that for whatever reason our vehicles are not part of these first batches and we have to wait for the next production run..

I had mentioned to him that others have had to cancel their orders and order inventory and he confirmed that is an option to get the car earlier.

Hmm not looking good for me. Just got a response back saying the VIN allocation was an error and that I should hear something "in the next few weeks"

I'm taking that to mean that for whatever reason our vehicles are not part of these first batches and we have to wait for the next production run..

I had mentioned to him that others have had to cancel their orders and order inventory and he confirmed that is an option to get the car earlier.
You mentioned me 🥲