Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. I’m counting on you for some more performance testing whilst I eagerly await mine to arrive.

Unfortunately it was spitting rain for this attempt

2 passengers - 170kg + me 100kg
Damp
Slight uphill
85% SOC
Coldish Battery

Obviously not record breaking but still strong for 2 extra people.

tesla2up.jpg

Another tidbit of interesting information, my VIN is already in the RAV database: Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application

It's not in the country yet. I guess they must get them approved earlier than when the "what to expect" thread was written.

Comparing my LR to a Performance, they're listed at 366kw and 461kw respectively. I know Tesla still avoids advertising their power output. Nice to see an official number recorded.

Another tidbit of interesting information, my VIN is already in the RAV database: Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application

It's not in the country yet. I guess they must get them approved earlier than when the "what to expect" thread was written.

Comparing my LR to a Performance, they're listed at 366kw and 461kw respectively. I know Tesla still avoids advertising their power output. Nice to see an official number recorded.
It certainly feels like 461kw to drive, although we know that's the peak motor power not necessarily what the battery can provide which is closer to 420kw.

It is hilarious that Tesla advertises 343kw for the M3P when it's doing 0-100 in 3.2sec at 1950kg with a passenger

Reactions: usernametoolon
It certainly feels like 461kw to drive, although we know that's the peak motor power not necessarily what the battery can provide which is closer to 420kw.

It is hilarious that Tesla advertises 343kw for the M3P when it's doing 0-100 in 3.2sec at 1950kg with a passenger
Very interesting! To be honest a large reason I convinced myself to ignore the performance is what the insurance is going to cost over time. Hard to imagine you can just go buy a 10 second car now.

FWIW, RAV lists the Performance at 1854KG, so about 100kg lighter. The LR is only 80KG heavier than the dry weight of my Passat. A lot of people say EVs are inherently heavy, but evidently not the case.

Very interesting! To be honest a large reason I convinced myself to ignore the performance is what the insurance is going to cost over time. Hard to imagine you can just go buy a 10 second car now.

FWIW, RAV lists the Performance at 1854KG, so about 100kg lighter. The LR is only 80KG heavier than the dry weight of my Passat. A lot of people say EVs are inherently heavy, but evidently not the case.
The Model 3 is unusually light for a EV, which it proves it can be done.

Other makes will get better over time I'm sure but they are definatly heavy for now.

Combustion cars have become way heavier lately too to be fair

Reactions: Jules22
To those registering in NSW: how is your rego papers coming along?

I am having a bit of drama here. Tesla's original rego paperwork instructions I felt were wrong. They want me to fill in MY OWN details as the "authorized representative".

I made the initiative to fill in correctly (to the best of my understanding), based on the succesful registration of my first Model 3 in 2022, but Tesla just rejected my paperwork.

Anyone else having this drama? It's Page 3 of the form. "Complete this to authorise another person to register a vehicle in your name". My understanding is, we (the buyer/owner) sign the top half, authorizing another person (Tesla's staff) to register the car on our behalf, and therefore the details of THAT Tesla's staff should be filled in at the bottom, not our (the buyer/owner).

I am having a bit of drama here. Tesla's original rego paperwork instructions I felt were wrong. They want me to fill in MY OWN details as the "authorized representative".

I made the initiative to fill in correctly (to the best of my understanding), based on the succesful registration of my first Model 3 in 2022, but Tesla just rejected my paperwork.

Anyone else having this drama? It's Page 3 of the form. "Complete this to authorise another person to register a vehicle in your name". My understanding is, we (the buyer/owner) sign the top half, authorizing another person (Tesla's staff) to register the car on our behalf, and therefore the details of THAT Tesla's staff should be filled in at the bottom, not our (the buyer/owner).
Is it telling you to do this through the app? Or did they reject the paperwork because they don't need it? This confused me also here in QLD. In the "documents" section of the site and app there is my rego application with similar blank fields for the "Registered Operator" which are highlighted to fill. I think this is just the copy that Tesla keeps ahead of delivery that they fill in.

In the delivery tasks of the app under the "Agreements" tab, it says "You can download your purchase agreements in your Documents section. No signing required". This indicates to me those documents don't need to be filled but just need to be reviewed by you.

I think if you are picking the car up yourself and not bought for a business then you do not need anything else. It is because they give you the rego papers with the car when you pick it up,

Tangentially related, has anyone else had their final invoice come through without notification? I noticed on Monday that my final invoice was sitting in my documents section of my app - but they never notified me about it. The last notifications I have were saying "we'll notify you when your final invoice is ready" and another about my trade-in.

Is that typical? Or do they only notify when you're very close to delivery day?

Tangentially related, has anyone else had their final invoice come through without notification? I noticed on Monday that my final invoice was sitting in my documents section of my app - but they never notified me about it. The last notifications I have were saying "we'll notify you when your final invoice is ready" and another about my trade-in.

Is that typical? Or do they only notify when you're very close to delivery day?
Basically when the delivery day is set they will send a reminder, otherwise you can pay before that

Reactions: usernametoolon