Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm not looking good for me. Just got a response back saying the VIN allocation was an error and that I should hear something "in the next few weeks"

I'm taking that to mean that for whatever reason our vehicles are not part of these first batches and we have to wait for the next production run..

I had mentioned to him that others have had to cancel their orders and order inventory and he confirmed that is an option to get the car earlier.
I got the same response. I think you might be right. We are looking at the next shipment.

Don Juan is entering Port Kembla.
1000007351.png

I got the same response. I think you might be right. We are looking at the next shipment.
I dont understand how newer orders were filled over older orders, but it makes sense if they were all cancelled if the cars were assigned from the wrong ship..

I guess we just have to forgive, and one thing is forsure, stressing over it doesnt make cars arrive faster.

There is still hope, we are all here together on this journey, and hoping you folks get your cars assigned asap.

I dont understand how newer orders were filled over older orders, but it makes sense if they were all cancelled if the cars were assigned from the wrong ship..

I guess we just have to forgive, and one thing is forsure, stressing over it doesnt make cars arrive faster.

There is still hope, we are all here together on this journey, and hoping you folks get your cars assigned asap.
When the Tesla rep called me a few weeks ago to confirm my order, he mentioned that the cars aren't necessarily built/shipped to order.

He explained that a number of each configuration is built and shipped for a specific market, and our choice of config will determine your waiting time.
He said that since mine is a blue/white LR with the 19" nova wheels, id likely see my car quite soomer than if id gone for stealth grey or ultra red - new colours are usually more popular, so the allocation gets eaten up pretty quickly.

Makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

When the Tesla rep called me a few weeks ago to confirm my order, he mentioned that the cars aren't necessarily built/shipped to order.

He explained that a number of each configuration is built and shipped for a specific market, and our choice of config will determine your waiting time.
He said that since mine is a blue/white LR with the 19" nova wheels, id likely see my car quite soomer than if id gone for stealth grey or ultra red - new colours are usually more popular, so the allocation gets eaten up pretty quickly.

Makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️
Yeah you'd think the allocation would go to the earliest orders though. I ordered within an hour of the announcement on September 1.

They would also know to build more of the popular colours so it's disappointing. Anyhow I've given them my feedback in a respectful manner all I can do now is wait

Reactions: Tesl3on
Yeah you'd think the allocation would go to the earliest orders though. I ordered within an hour of the announcement on September 1.

They would also know to build more of the popular colours so it's disappointing. Anyhow I've given them my feedback in a respectful manner all I can do now is wait
I feel ya mate..
The way im seeing it is, they can only send a certain number of cars over per build/delivery cycle.
Id guess a lot of those cars would be rwd, whote with black interior - fleet cars that will probably be wrapped so colour isn't important.
The more "enthusiastic" builds would come in far less numbers, and are snapped up straight away.
The stink ship being turned around definitely wouldn't have helped, and people like us who REALLY want their cars are jumping on them.
Ive seen 2 seperate highland LR pop up and be sold from Victorian new inventory in the past 18hrs or so.
I ordered one of those as well because im impatient, but cancelled as soon as i realised it wasn't in the country, let alone Victoria.
Its on the same ship as my original order - i cancelled it straight away to give someone else a shot at picking it up if their EDD is *sugar*.