Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just further cements (as someone pointed out earlier) that when it comes to products/deliveries, they are a bit like Apple.. maybe they aren't as customer-centric as I first thought. Excellent product, lacklustre customer experience (for some).

I do still think it's worth the wait but understand your frustrations with the whole process (especially for a second time). Hang in there, we're all in this together o_O
Chill pill taken 👍
I really wouldn’t mind an apology. “Oops, we fecked up and sorry for dicking you around.”

I already have. I said it is likely that only some of the cars have been shipped like this. Not all of them.

I feel like we could extrapolate in either direction from your car as an example but it’s makes no sense to.

I think that’s a Schrödinger's cat type vibe. From the data I’ve seen it purely has to do with a shipping issue, allocation issue and then a communication issue.

Yes.

To be clear, there is not any doubt in the fact that the car as delivered does not meet Australian safety standards. It is missing something that even its ANCAP rating says it has. This really isn’t up for debate.

Seems to be a few people here who don’t think that would be an issue. I find that weird tbh, especially when the same people are here bitching and moaning about an unknown “glitch”that has seen their VINs revoked and deliveries delayed.
Does the 2023 m3 have the holes? Im just curious.

I think there is an issue if cars don't meet safety standards, but whether the M3h meets them or not due to a missing hole in a parcel shelf (which Tesla might need to clarify first, but as we know they are cautious in this regard) is still not definite. Maybe there is something else in place we don't know about?

Its a mystery, like where the Canberra VINs are haha.

Lets just wait and see what happens, turning on ourselves wont help :)

I think there is an issue if cars don't meet safety standards, but whether the M3h meets them or not due to a missing hole in a parcel shelf (which Tesla might need to clarify first, but as we know they are cautious in this regard) is still not definite. Maybe there is something else in place we don't know about?

Canberra VINs went to Wa/SA/VIC 🙃

• Disagree
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
But you can’t do that with safety regulations. It’s the same as pool fences, you can’t just say only people with kids need a pool fence.

Safety regulations have to apply to everyone, there is legal ramifications, huge ramifications, if a kid dies in a car crash and the car didn’t comply with the Aussie regs.
Very good points there, thanks for the perspective :)

Reactions: Murphster

I promise, there isn’t a doubt. It is very clear what has happened. They even bothered to weld the anchor on the underside of the shelf. They wouldn’t have done that if they weren’t required for Australia. There has just been a cock-up in finishing the car and they put the wrong top piece on the shelf that is missing the access port to it.

Seems all the first BA deliveries may have been affected, what would be good to know is how many more were on their way when the issue was was noticed. I assume there are cars on the way where it has been fixed already.

Reactions: dronus
I promise, there isn’t a doubt. It is very clear what has happened. They even bothered to weld the anchor on the underside of the shelf. They wouldn’t have done that if they weren’t required for Australia. There has just been a cock-up in finishing the car and they put the wrong top piece on the shelf that is missing the access port to it.

Seems all the first BA deliveries may have been affected, what would be good to know is how many more were on there way when the issue was was noticed. I assume there are cars on the way where it has been fixed already.
Heres hoping that a DHL Cargo Plane contains as many replacement shelves as they need to make sure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible and those people affected taken care of straight away.

It would be a bit more serious if the 3rd tether wasnt there at all, which is how the media will report it...

Well, any time after my car is delivered is just fine... just kidding :)

Marvelous Ace, steady as she goes🤓🤞
Hopefully no more delay🤓

Attachments

• IMG_9735.png
    IMG_9735.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 22
Me thinks you are underestimating the seriousness of this problem. They are literally shipping cars to people that don’t appear to be legal in Australia.

To answer your question I think it is very likely there could be a mix of cars on ships and already landed. Some conform and some don’t. Remember this rule only applies to Australia. And we already know that the tether anchorage is there in the car, they have just forgot to cut a hole in the parcel shelf so it can be used. It could easily be that some cars shipped were not Aussie specs and someone wasn’t paying attention enough and let them through.
I don't believe I am. I completely understand it's a problem and it will need to be fixed.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tesla are completely unaware of it at this point. I certainly don't think they found it halfway through production and sent vehicles in various states on multiple ships and then removed all VIN's reassigned all but very specific locations, that all just doesn't add up to me.

We've been directly told there was a glitch, they haven't gone into any detail as yet as to what that glitch was, but based on available evidence the most likely explanation is that VIN's were screwed up and the wrong cars were sent to the wrong DC's which would easily explain why everyone lost VIN's and all but certain DC's got new ones.

This tether point issue if/when Tesla become aware of it, will be something that they'll have to fix.

Reactions: Tony Soprano
Or, as we have already seen before with BYD, they are told they are not allowed to delivery any more to customers until it is fixed. You honestly saying something like that wouldn’t mess deliveries up?
That would make perfect sense IF they stopped ALL deliveries, the fact that they haven't, and I seriously doubt there are different versions already floating out there that all happen to be going to specific DC's, make this highly unlikely.

If it was all deliveries stopped and not just very specific locations then I'd agree 100%

Nothing is impossible and we are all completely speculating at this point, but the when one scenario has such an extremely low likelihood and there is another that fits perfectly, I'll take the one that fits every time.

Nothing is impossible and we are all completely speculating at this point, but the when one scenario has such an extremely low likelihood and there is another that fits perfectly, I'll take the one that fits every time.

We can agree to disagree then.

However , the fact is that they have made initial deliveries of a car that appears to not only invalidate their ANCAP five star safety test, but also looks like it doesn’t conform the Australia legal requirements for a passenger car. And because this is a critical safety issue, even worse a child safety issue. then the idea that they can no longer deliver any of the affected models would be the most likely scenario tbh.

Reactions: Jules22