Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long term stalker but this has finally tipped me over the edge to join the conversation! Ordered Oct 23 for LR White in Canberra...no VIN

I never thought I'd get to a point in my life where I'm tracking ships, but here we are! Embrace it haha
Welcome mate, sent you a message.

Nothing too exciting in the private messages, just in case anyone feels they are missing out, there's just some direct email addesses specific to Canberra which are better not posted in public.

Reactions: dronus
1. Patience my friend
4. If in doubt, refer to point 1 again
This. Technically there is no rush, although I totally understand my emotional state and unbearable desire to get a new colourful toy. Nevertheless, there are things I want to avoid doing: waste of abundant summer electricity, 2 x service + 2 x tyre sets for our family cars, and they will need it soon, + a/c recharge for my civic, + usual and usually expensive repairs for the cars approaching their retirement ages... But still, it can wait 2-3 more months.

This. Technically there is no rush, although I totally understand my emotional state and unbearable desire to get a new colourful toy. Nevertheless, there are things I want to avoid doing: waste of abundant summer electricity, 2 x service + 2 x tyre sets for our family cars, and they will need it soon, + a/c recharge for my civic, + usual and usually expensive repairs for the cars approaching their retirement ages... But still, it can wait 2-3 more months.
Yeah agreed. For me it's that the original EDD would have been before the rego is due on my current car. Now I just don't know. I don't want to renew for 6 months (NSW min) only to have the new delivery happen a week or two later.

I've also got the buyer waiting fairly impatiently. I was able to finally give them a date when I was assigned the VIN/EDD only to have to go back to I don't know as soon as they were taken away.

The fact they are filling January orders while September orders are still in the dark is just a bit of extra salt in the wound.

Last edited:
Reactions: PcS000
Yeah agreed. For me it's that the original EDD would have been before the rego is due on my current car. Now I just don't know. I don't want to renew for 6 months (NSW min) only to have the new delivery happen a week or two later.
In our case we moved cars from VIC to SA in Sep 2023, so we will need to try to get refunds. Anyway, it all made me sad when I wrote about my diesel civic approaching retirement age. I bought here 2 years old in 2016 and then took her with me from the UK in 2018 and was watching how she crossed Panama canal in some ship which name I already forgot. She saved my life a couple of times; also she was used and abused to transport large items, because she is like tardis, bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
Any one ever worked on allocation algorithms? I have some questions. If not I’ll go make myself look like a noob on Stack

If so, is there any chance the algorithm works by most profitable order matched to vehicle? I’ve seen some talk online that many do e.g financial, logistics

Last edited:
Any one ever worked on allocation algorithms? I have some questions. If not I’ll go make myself look like a noob on Stack
vin_allocated = pick_random_vin();
customer_allocated = pick_random_customer();
if (customer_allocated == 'e-enthusiast30') {
wait_for_a_few_hours_until_customer_notices_vin_allocated('e-enthusiast30');
deallocate_vin(vin_allocated);
deallocate_customer(customer_allocated);
}

vin_allocated = pick_random_vin();
customer_allocated = pick_random_customer();
if (customer_allocated == 'e-enthusiast30') {
wait_for_a_few_hours_until_customer_notices_vin_allocated('e-enthusiast30');
deallocate_vin(vin_allocated);
deallocate_customer(customer_allocated);
}
10 make cars
20 get cars
30 ship cars
40 get money
50 give cars
60 goto 10

Reactions: X Æ A-12

If so, is there any chance the algorithm works by most profitable order matched to vehicle? I’ve seen some talk online that many do e.g financial, logistics
You would assume it's more profitable to assign orders to customers than put them in inventory for who knows how long.

fulfilled order = instant fulfilment/revenue
inventory = waiting for revenue (although recent history has shown they don't currently stay in inventory for long)

Last edited: