Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla Miranda yesterday to ask about movements with delivery dates (i.e. once you have selected a date for pick up).

Feedback was, usually they don't change, it's kind of a schedule for the dealership on when they can expect the car. They reckon the car arrives at the dealership a day or two before pick update so they can wash/detail and register the car.

Having said that, they will notify the customer if there are any changes.

I've also spoken with NL and the paperwork is now sitting with the financier where they'll sit on it until ~1 week prior to pick-up in order to maximise the time / cost of insurance paid. (I may have mentioned this last part previously, but here it is again, at no "charge").

Reactions: Jules22
Moderators note:
This thread is now unlocked and is titled “Australian Model 3 waiting room” not “General discussion”.
Its the most popular thread in the Australian sub forum by a long shot and is relied upon by many new and prospective Tesla owners for information.
Due to the speed at which it grows it is not possible for a moderator to be here for every post, so I would ask members to
1: Stay on topic and consider starting a new thread if they wish to discuss anything off topic.
2: Ignore anyone with crazy or silly ideas, it’s not your responsibility to correct them.
3 Keep it civil and polite as this thread is read by the widest cross section of the public. Assume you are responding to your grandmother who goes to Church/Mosque/Synagogue every week.
I have tried to be as flexible as possible to members posting in this thread as I’m cognisant of the stress generated by current goings on like the Glovis Caravelle etc but my priority remains making this forum a safe place for anyone to be. So I may become a bit more heavy handed in moderating for a while.
Thanks for your attention.
Edit
Despite unlocking and immediately writing this post I’m the 4th person to post after the unlocking. 🤦🏽‍♂️
So you can see what I’m dealing with here.
If you'd ever noticed the refresh counter in my signature, you'd understand how you came 4th place after unlocking this thread 🤣

Viking Passama made it to anchor this morning. A few RoRo carriers are floating about, and my guess is there is a bit of a queue so probably no luck getting an earlier offload like the DJ did before NYE. I was surprised when they squeezed that one into a single shift, but it makes sense given how much they probably unloaded.

In any case, I will be keeping a close eye on the AAT schedule for Fishermans Island for any changes, as the booking notifications go out as soon as (un)loading is complete.

1704673443977.png

And here is a map of all the vehicle carriers currently waiting their turn, with "Silver Queen" (selected) getting a pilot in right now after arriving Friday:
1704673517773.png

Reactions: dronus and PcS000
21 Sep I’m assuming? Also Chatswood pickup, similar order, ordered Oct, no vin

Chatswood seems to be a recurring theme for those in Sydney waiting for news. Someone mentioned that perhaps the delivery capacity at Chatswood is as little as one fifth as great as the capacity at Alexandria... and it makes some sort of sense that this could cause delays.

IF this is the case, it would be helpful for the order process to provide some information to allow buyers to understand the trade-off between convenience (proximity of delivery centre to home or work) and delay, and to choose according to their circumstances.

Anyway, I've renewed by unanswered query about the impact of changing from Chatswood DC to Alexandria: is it feasible to change, and is there benefit in so doing?

I'll report back if/when I hear.

Chatswood seems to be a recurring theme for those in Sydney waiting for news. Someone mentioned that perhaps the delivery capacity at Chatswood is as little as one fifth as great as the capacity at Alexandria... and it makes some sort of sense that this could cause delays.

IF this is the case, it would be helpful for the order process to provide some information to allow buyers to understand the trade-off between convenience (proximity of delivery centre to home or work) and delay, and to choose according to their circumstances.

Anyway, I've renewed by unanswered query about the impact of changing from Chatswood DC to Alexandria: is it feasible to change, and is there benefit in so doing?

I still haven't received a VIN for my LR in Stealth Gray. Ordered 14th September coming from Alexandria.

Reply received.

As I have not been assigned a VIN, they are able to change my choice of DC to Alexandria (apparently without added delay). So that's happening.

May not make any difference - and I guess I'll never know. But my waters tell me this will help.

Thanks. That's an interesting additional data point. Availability of LR in Sydney is also an emerging theme.

IIRC (someone is running a list of vessels inbound or potentially inbound) it looks like Sydney will be light on stock for a little while yet.
That would be me. List current as of today:

⭐ = confirmed coming to Australia

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.34.06.png

Last edited:
That would be me. List current as of today:

⭐ = confirmed coming to Australia

View attachment 1006992
Looks like Sydney’s next most likely is Paganella (due PK 29 Jan) which would make delivery dates anywhere from 14 Feb onwards.

Bit sad Sydney has been left behind with so many deliveries to Melb and Brisbane, but I guess that’s the luck of the draw.

Only thing I wish (and would respect Tesla more) is if they themselves would tell us that. I hate the lack of information for what is (for most people) a massive purchase in one’s life. I know that the EDD was always within Jan-Mar so I don’t mind if I get the car within those dates, but I atleast thought that in Jan I would know when in those three months it would be coming so I could plan my transport in the meantime.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Looks like Sydney’s next most likely is Paganella (due PK 29 Jan) which would make delivery dates anywhere from 14 Feb onwards.

Bit sad Sydney has been left behind with so many deliveries to Melb and Brisbane, but I guess that’s the luck of the draw.

Only thing I wish (and would respect Tesla more) is if they themselves would tell us that. I hate the lack of information for what is (for most people) a massive purchase in one’s life. I know that the EDD was always within Jan-Mar so I don’t mind if I get the car within those dates, but I atleast thought that in Jan I would know when in those three months it would be coming so I could plan my transport in the meantime.

Mate, ACT has had next to 0 (I think only 1 confirmed VIN off here)... NSW/ACT are both hurting haha. Paganella is my no. 1 bet right now on bulk NSW/ACT deliveries.

Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
Paganella is due to leave China on the 11th Jan. Is it likely that they'll be 24 built or still the 23.5 that Tesla look like they're labelling cars being delivered now. How long between building and shipping? Not that it really matters.
Going off past experiences, if the vehicles we receive are on Paganella, they very likely would've been built in the week preceding ship loading. So we can be assured they should be a MY24 model, not MY23.5. They usually build and ship within the same ~7 day window, I assume to save space and be as efficient as possible with loading up RoRo's (ships).

When you receive your VIN, you can check by noting this character in the VIN: LRWXXXXXPXXXXXXX.
P means 2023 and R means 2024.

Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
Paganella is due to leave China on the 11th Jan. Is it likely that they'll be 24 built or still the 23.5 that Tesla look like they're labelling cars being delivered now. How long between building and shipping? Not that it really matters.
The images that WuWa captured at south port (on like 3rd Jan) had what looked like quite a few RHD from what I could see zooming in on the grainy footage.

If that’s the case my bet would be they are mostly 23.5, probs sitting there waiting for a ship that’s finally heading to PK instead of Bris or Melb

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
The images that WuWa captured at south port (on like 3rd Jan) had what looked like quite a few RHD from what I could see zooming in on the grainy footage.

If that’s the case my bet would be they are mostly 23.5, probs sitting there waiting for a ship that’s finally heading to PK instead of Bris or Melb
This is very likely, especially with the bulk of the cars in the yard being LHD its likely they have switched back to LHD production for the start of the quarter.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30