Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey mate you mentioned before on your trip you used the 50kw charger. In real world time how much longer roughly did that add, and did you find a way to precondition the battery before getting there?
Does the battery need preconditioning in a 50kw charger?
Im still a bit of an EV newbie (i rented a tesla for a week) but I was under the assumption that preconditioning was more for supercharging?

Happy to be educated!

Reactions: dronus
Test drive was nice, the guys were great. Didn't feel any pressure and no sales pitch, they just handed the key/card and let us go for 30min. With the BYD seal test drive, that was nice too, but there was a BYD person with us the whole time.
Ahh cool, when i test drove back in august (the 2023 model) they preloaded a route in the nav to a spot down near the beach and back. Did they do something similar or just let you go for a rip?

Ahh cool, when i test drove back in august (the 2023 model) they preloaded a route in the nav to a spot down near the beach and back. Did they do something similar or just let you go for a rip?
Nope, no preloaded route. Just went for a long drive around the block (from Adelaide Airport) and then took it down some small and large roundabouts to test the new stalk-less indicators, and then did a three point turn. These were my main concerns with the new model 3.
Results: I found indicating out of a large roundabouts (Adelaide airport) was OK. Couldn't get the indicator sorted when leaving small roundabouts (maybe with a bit of practice?). Three point turn with the gear shifting on screen was okish.
After the test drive, we checked out their display vehicle and noticed that the rims (with no aero covers) look amazing, so might ride around without the covers for a while and see how it goes.

Reactions: dronus
China has always been good at numbers, just look at their Covid death counts
Hey mate you mentioned before on your trip you used the 50kw charger. In real world time how much longer roughly did that add, and did you find a way to precondition the battery before getting there?
Just checked the app receipts and on the way over I added 45kwh for just under an hour costing $23 and on way back I added 25kwh in 30 mins costing me $13. I am not sure if you can manually heat the battery or not. If I was hitting a Tesla supercharger the car just preconditioned battery for me.

China has always been good at numbers, just look at their Covid death counts

Just checked the app receipts and on the way over I added 45kwh for just under an hour costing $23 and on way back I added 25kwh in 30 mins costing me $13. I am not sure if you can manually heat the battery or not. If I was hitting a Tesla supercharger the car just preconditioned battery for me.
Even if you can't manually heat the battery, you can set the closest supercharger as your destination in nav and it will do it automatically.
Then go wherever you're planning to charge while you do it.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Have you guys that have had an EV before had any issues with the chargers connectors being dirty?
Ive wondered as they are out in the open all the time how clean the contacts are on them, or is this a non issue?

My current hole is quite dirty, but i've never had an issue connecting a charge cable to it... Would you like me to show you a picture of my hole? 😏

Nope, no preloaded route. Just went for a long drive around the block (from Adelaide Airport) and then took it down some small and large roundabouts to test the new stalk-less indicators, and then did a three point turn. These were my main concerns with the new model 3.
Results: I found indicating out of a large roundabouts (Adelaide airport) was OK. Couldn't get the indicator sorted when leaving small roundabouts (maybe with a bit of practice?). Three point turn with the gear shifting on screen was okish.
After the test drive, we checked out their display vehicle and noticed that the rims (with no aero covers) look amazing, so might ride around without the covers for a while and see how it goes.
Cool.
Regarding the wheels i was thinking the same. I grabbed some tesla centre caps and wheel nut covers from aliexpress snd they are ready to go

Reactions: X Æ A-12