Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any contacts in the USA that could go and visit their local showroom, and take a photo of the parcel shelf for us?

Reactions: X Æ A-12
<rant>

How about they ask you if you plan on putting a child seat in the back seat, if you dont they give you your car and schedule a recall when the parts are available if you want to do it (or the government mandates you have something you wont use).

If you do plan to, and cant bring yourself to the sky falling crisis of putting the child seat on the outer seat which have the tethers they hold your car so you dont do anything crazy and irresponsible.

Meanwhile everyone else can get on with life. Not having a centre tether doesnt make your car more unsafe on the road (apart from all EVs catch on fire, but thats unrelated)...

Its stuff like this with blanket rules which have good intentions, but annoy everyone else.

If i could opt to not have ISOfix or top tethers i would. Why should adults in the back seat have to put up with those stupid plastic caps digging into our butts when we sit there? I think Tesla have actually concealed the lower isofix mounts, which is an awesome detail.

Sure, make it so the car cant carry baby capsules and if you try to, well you cant. If someone says "can i put my baby seat in you car" you have a really good excuse to tell them to piss off.

Im not even sure that ommiting things in cars like these would reduce the sale value, its something that people having kids need, and it should be available, but we are adults buying these cars...

</rant>

Does anyone have any contacts in the USA that could go and visit their local showroom, and take a photo of the parcel shelf for us?

Wouldnt that be ironic if they have them and dont need them, and we need them but dont have them...

Probably used to mount a gun rack or something on the rear parcel shelf...

All I know is their radio silence is beyond ****ing annoying
I have poked them earlier today. Here is the response:

Tesla does have a resolution in place and we are in the process of working through all logistics needed with key stakeholders and internal teams - we hope to have more of an update for you soon!

I have poked them earlier today. Here is the response:

Tesla does have a resolution in place and we are in the process of working through all logistics needed with key stakeholders and internal teams - we hope to have more of an update for you soon!
I feel like that loosely translates to shelves/flaps being imported, and flown out, as well as having the delivery personnel trained on the swap.

Hey guys,

Long time watcher first time poster,

Thought I’d share a interesting comment when I asked if the recall would be completed as a local fix or not;
IMG_9650.jpeg

I assume they must have a few box cutters and plastic inserts on deck on the firmament ACE 😅

I would be very surprised if deliveries start by the end of the month. Didn’t it take BYD 1 month to fix a similar issue? So I’m guessing minimum 1 month delay. If it’s earlier I will be very surprised. Currently with all the vague answers they are giving I won’t be holding my breath

Hey guys,

Long time watcher first time poster,

Thought I’d share a interesting comment when I asked if the recall would be completed as a local fix or not;
View attachment 1010296

I assume they must have a few box cutters and plastic inserts on deck on the firmament ACE 😅
Yeah for your cars on the FA, i hope so, it might speed up your delivery?
Or, they put all our cars back on a vessel hahaha. i hope your version is more correct.. :)

I would be very surprised if deliveries start by the end of the month. Didn’t it take BYD 1 month to fix a similar issue? So I’m guessing minimum 1 month delay. If it’s earlier I will be very surprised. Currently with all the vague answers they are giving I won’t be holding my breath
How long does a cargo plane take to fly from Shanghai to somewhere like sydney, and then connecting DHL internal flights? couldnt be more than a few days?

Reactions: aaron.m
BYD had more than just that one issue to resolve, there were two or three other much more serious issues.

And it's BYD... :) (They forgot to fix that issue)

Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
Yeah the Y strap thing, thats what i saw ages ago, the tether strap goes to both outside mounts... wish i could find that pic..
So I did some youtube digging and came across this for the highland deliveries in Germany...

Go from 50th min