Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I’m wrong but I remember watching a docco about car carriers and how they load them and what not. The way they load the cars tightly and secure them, I highly doubt they can get inside hundreds if not thousands of cars to pull the trays out or even cut a hole with a Stanley knife.

But I hope I’m wrong because mines on the FA as well and if this gets fixed on the boat, happy days.
All the Perth M3H were trucked to a local facility (not the DC), assuming that is where the remedy is carrying out as we speak. So Stanley knife method is still solid🤞

Might have to get the drone up at the holding yard in Kembla grange so we can at least see the car. Might help the wait
I think I might get my Mavic 3 out for a run 😂

They just sent this

“Hi Paul,

Tesla is currently working with the relevant authorities to finalise plans for deliveries to recommence.

Regards, Tesla Team.”

I think I might get my Mavic 3 out for a run 😂

They just sent this

“Hi Paul,

Tesla is currently working with the relevant authorities to finalise plans for deliveries to recommence.

Regards, Tesla Team.”
I think(speculate) that this is good news. Sounds like they already have a plan. Just hope that it’s a quick fix type of plan

I hope it's just: commence deliveries with the car as is and sign something that says that you won't put a child seat in the middle until the parcel shelf has been replaced through a future recall.
I doubt that’s a possibility. If they wish to register their cars, they need to get the compliance plate. I don’t think they can do so after an enquiry without offering a solid fix.

Regardless of what you sign, you can’t guarantee that the customer will honour it or simply pass on the liability to the customer. Someone somewhere is going to do something really stupid and it’s going to come back to bite their back.

So I think they’ll either reclassify the car as a 4 seater or offer an ugly cutout to get compliance, and then later on fix it properly for their ‘customer satisfaction’.

Reactions: Tesl3on and aaron.m
I doubt that’s a possibility. If they wish to register their cars, they need to get the compliance plate. I don’t think they can do so after an enquiry without offering a solid fix.

Regardless of what you sign, you can’t guarantee that the customer will honour it or simply pass on the liability to the customer. Someone somewhere is going to do something really stupid and it’s going to come back to bite their back.

So I think they’ll either reclassify the car as a 4 seater or offer an ugly cutout to get compliance, and then later on fix it properly for their ‘customer satisfaction’.
Four seater they’ll lose some orders for sure

Reactions: Tesl3on
Meanwhile Car Egg Spurt with more click bait

Model 3 AND Y recalled over rules breach...

Then in the article they admit the MY was just an OTA update (that was done long ago)

If they wish to register their cars, they need to get the compliance plate.
There's no such thing as a compliance plate anymore, they've been replaced with the online Register of Approved Vehicles

And that relies on the manufacturer or importer to certify that the cars comply, even though in this case they clearly don't.

But the problem (just like with BYD) is that they've lost their 5 star safety rating - and can't sell any more cars until they comply.