Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FA dinghy still the same delivery range.
Mine’s on the same boat.

White/Black 19” from Mulgrave(Melbourne) Delivery window hasn’t changed at all. Still sitting on 4th Feb - 25th Feb.

I placed my order on Friday the 12th Jan. VIN got assigned on Monday. Badly wanted a stealth grey one and later decided that I can’t commit to the level of care that a grey paint requires. I currently have a black metallic car and it’s a pain.

After reading all these comments I’m kinda glad I went with a white car.

Mine’s on the same boat.

White/Black 19” from Mulgrave(Melbourne) Delivery window hasn’t changed at all. Still sitting on 4th Feb - 25th Feb.

I placed my order on Friday the 12th Jan. VIN got assigned on Monday. Badly wanted a stealth grey one and later decided that I can’t commit to the level of care that a grey paint requires. I currently have a black metallic car and it’s a pain.

After reading all these comments I’m kinda glad I went with a white car.
Ahh its not so bad. Ive had a midnight blue car for the past 5 years and for about a month i was crazy about keeping dust off it but that novelty wears off
White does look good too

Reactions: Tesl3on
Hey guys,

Long time watcher first time poster,

Thought I’d share a interesting comment when I asked if the recall would be completed as a local fix or not;
View attachment 1010296

I assume they must have a few box cutters and plastic inserts on deck on the firmament ACE 😅
I hope I’m wrong but I remember watching a docco about car carriers and how they load them and what not. The way they load the cars tightly and secure them, I highly doubt they can get inside hundreds if not thousands of cars to pull the trays out or even cut a hole with a Stanley knife.

But I hope I’m wrong because mines on the FA as well and if this gets fixed on the boat, happy days.

I hope I’m wrong but I remember watching a docco about car carriers and how they load them and what not. The way they load the cars tightly and secure them, I highly doubt they can get inside hundreds if not thousands of cars to pull the trays out or even cut a hole with a Stanley knife.

But I hope I’m wrong because mines on the FA as well and if this gets fixed on the boat, happy days.
Yeah they might have been meaning the remedial actions will be agreed upon while your cars are on the boat, but i highly doubt they will actually do the work on the boat.

And because Tatooine has twin suns you shoul dbe able to charge via solar pretty efficiently!

• Love
Yeah they might have been meaning the remedial actions will be agreed upon while your cars are on the boat, but i highly doubt they will actually do the work on the boat.
Hope they have a game plan.

I’d be happy to drive around without a parcel shelf cover, or with an ugly hole in it until they make a proper shelf and replace it with a service call. Or make it a 4 seater. In my case, I bet my back seats would never get a pleasure to touch some bum.

I would however be very unhappy if they park all our cars in a yard until they get a shelf made and shipped to Australia.

Reactions: dronus
Hope they have a game plan.

I’d be happy to drive around without a parcel shelf cover, or with an ugly hole in it until they make a proper shelf and replace it with a service call. Or make it a 4 seater. In my case, I bet my back seats would never get a pleasure to touch some bum.

I would however be very unhappy if they park all our cars in a yard until they get a shelf made and shipped to Australia.
Unfortunately that is a real possibilty. Just cars out in the sun and rain just waiting as they cannot let it sit in the vessel any longer once docked and I don't think they are going to hire dozens of airpor hangars to store these 1000's and 1000's of cars arriving continously

There's a free documentary on Youtube that's excellent viewing

There's no way they're going to be doing any maintenance on the vehicles while at sea

1705719892182.png