Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I think they’ll either reclassify the car as a 4 seater
To reclassify as 4 seater they will have to remove centre seat belt and also the sensor under the seat for seatbelt warning. Also they will have to do something so that no one can sit in that seat while the car is moving.

And I would imagine most people would then say give me compensation because of the reduction in seat..

Easier to fix the problem at hand

Reactions: Tesl3on
There's no such thing as a compliance plate anymore, they've been replaced with the online Register of Approved Vehicles

And that relies on the manufacturer or importer to certify that the cars comply, even though in this case they clearly don't.

But the problem (just like with BYD) is that they've lost their 5 star safety rating - and can't sell any more cars until they comply.
There are currently cars being sold in australia with 0 stars right up to 5.

Reactions: Quickst
I had to take my parcel shelf out so i could put my mountain bike in the car.

Kind of related.

No tether points

IMG_8475.jpeg

Reactions: X Æ A-12
I have looked at the inventory a couple of times weighing up changing my order vs waiting the extra month delay (if not more) for the highland
Just bear in mind that inventory doesn't mean the car is physically in Australia and ready to be delivered. Inventory just means the car has been built.

The Glovis ones that just got added this week are still in Shanghai, being loaded onto a new ship.

Meanwhile Car Egg Spurt with more click bait

Model 3 AND Y recalled over rules breach...

Then in the article they admit the MY was just an OTA update (that was done long ago)

And they didnt “stop selling” they just stopped delivering… but the bogans will be rejoicing in their 440ml cans of woodstock while sitting around their diesel exhaust pipes.
Dont let the truth get in the way of a good gutter trash story

Reactions: Jules22