Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats how it seems to me.. script is "they'll know for sure in the coming weeks" though 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it seems they've trained the staff very well to be careful what they say and they have canned responses to specific questions.

On one hand, with how much the media like to jump on any hint of a false step or mispoken statement (or make them up if they can't find one), I can understand why they do that.

On the other Elon is the most 'off the cuff' type of guy who would never be able to stick to a script.

Just did a dummy quote with NRMA for MY24 RWD M3H (quote will expire before I can get vehicle so hopefully doesn't rise too much).
Thanks for the heads up. Seems to have dropped a little for me in the ACT since I last checked.

The insurance through my Novated Lease company is ~2k a year, but NRMA is getting close to making it worth sorting out myself.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yeah, it seems they've trained the staff very well to be careful what they say and they have canned responses to specific questions.

On one hand, with how much the media like to jump on any hint of a false step or mispoken statement (or make them up if they can't find one), I can understand why they do that.

On the other Elon is the most 'off the cuff' type of guy who would never be able to stick to a script.

Is there someone in Tesla Australia with a public/media profile who comments on issues? Seems a bit rough to leave the junior (customer-facing) staff to deal with all the flak generated by various issues (stinkbugs, failing to comply with ADRs, whatever else happens) without any 'air cover' from senior management.

Old-world companies like Holden (deceased), Ford, Toyota, etc. always had/have a local MD (or similar) with a public profile: someone who will step up to face the media on issues, lead the messaging at launches, etc. Doesn't seem to be any high profile person visible at Tesla. Maybe they've all pulled their heads in after someone 'mis-spoke' about Model 3 Performance at the local Highland launches a few months ago.

Yeah, I know they are not a 'traditional car company' (or even a car company at all, according to his Elon-ness), but I reckon that a more pro-active approach to PR and market communications would pay off in spades. Now would be a great time to get out in front of the ADR issues with a clear statement. You'd settle all the on-line speculation, get the automotive press off their high-horses and take some pressure off the staff. Something like: "We messed up. Sorry about that. The fix for delivered cars is [x]. This activity will begin on [date] and take [xx] months. The fix for cars still in the pipeline is [y]. Deliveries will re-commence on [date]."

This isn't rocket science. (Maybe if it WAS rocket science, we'd see some more news.)

I'm available to help with messaging if anyone in Telsa cares to 'reach out' (I hate that expression).

The radar and the extra cameras.

It does have HW4
Does it have the newer higher quality cameras?

Does it have the newer higher quality cameras?
We will have HW 3.5 all new cameras but no front bumper camera or radar

• Disagree
Reactions: Jules22
We will have HW 3.5 all new cameras but no front bumper camera or radar
So HW3.5 is HW4 computer minus front bumper camera and radar or is it HW3 Computer plus better cameras?

Even though HW4 computer won't feel better now or even worse compared to HW3 now it has potential to be a lot better in a couple of months/years.

20 core cpu vs 12 core cpu
3 NN cores vs 2NN cores
14nm vs TSMC 7nm(much lower power)

Not that It makes a lot of difference for people like me who don't have any plan to subscribe to FSD. But still feels good to know the full technical specs for inner techie..:)

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Jules22
All the kool peoples haven’t changed

Once I was informed that the my car had arrived in Australia, I went to Freo port and registered this beauties. My delivery date is still from 21st January... It's is such a lose lose scenario keeping these in a warehouse. Everybody loses, I hope some common sense prevails and cars on the country are delivered and "fixed" at a latter date.

Attachments

• PXL_20240112_095750982.jpg
    PXL_20240112_095750982.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240112_095754522.jpg
    PXL_20240112_095754522.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240112_100144019.jpg
    PXL_20240112_100144019.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240112_100147292.jpg
    PXL_20240112_100147292.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 15
Once I was informed that the my car had arrived in Australia, I went to Freo port and registered this beauties. My delivery date is still from 21st January... It's is such a lose lose scenario keeping these in a warehouse. Everybody loses, I hope some common sense prevails and cars on the country are delivered and "fixed" at a latter date.
Absolutely.
Thank you for taking the photos and sharing them, that is really nice thing to do for everyone!

Reactions: aaron.m
Ha..ha.., did you also manage to locate your VIN?