Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheers, that is good feedback. Mine is still not great so now I wonder if I should get it looked at when I am at the service centre (had an email today about recall for the rear tether).

Yesterday I came within a literal 2mm of hitting a large concrete plant pot at the front of our house because I thought I was reversing. I still cannot understand how I managed to hit the brake in time. It really shook me up tbh, I would have been soooo miserable had I hit it.
OK, just made a short video, let me know if your's is the same or not (this is on V 30.8)

I found I could get it to do it if I only moved the slider about a cm or 2, but anything over than that it seems to continue on, so basically as long as you go 1/3rd the way up (or down) it seems to work. Interested to hear if yours is behaving differently?

Park further away from numpties.

My recently-sold 6-year-old Subaru Liberty had ZERO car park damage, so I'd be chasing up any identifiable events.

(I should say that I drive my wife mad by parking in the furthest extremes of car parks to avoid (where possible) encounters with other vehicles. [Perhaps The Professor is a bit of a misanthrope.] I know where all the 'best spaces' are in my local shopping centres (pole on both sides of the space, or similar), Sydney Airport P3, etc. My car will soon learn where to park.)
Man of my own heart 👍😊

Conspiracy theory: white cars have lowest gross profit, so prioritising other colours.

(Thinking: manufacturing cost difference between colours is w-a-a-a-a-y less than the price difference. What do you reckon? Maybe $100 extra factory cost for Ultra Red? But the price is $2,600 extra => $2,500 additional GP. So you fill the orders for coloured cars first, and leave the Storm Troopers for later.)
Stealth Grey is free if you buy it in the US !! 🤫

Reactions: Rosier and Jules22
OK, just made a short video, let me know if your's is the same or not (this is on V 30.8)

I found I could get it to do it if I only moved the slider about a cm or 2, but anything over than that it seems to continue on, so basically as long as you go 1/3rd the way up (or down) it seems to work. Interested to hear if yours is behaving differently?

I never thought to test it out purposefully like that. I can confirm mine works exactly the same as yours. Not a problem when I am staring at it parked in the garage.

Maybe this is just user error, not paying enough attention. I am going to make myself look at the screen and do it carefully for a few days and see how it works. It usually only happens in car parks and reversing in my driveway when I am swapping between forward and reverse a few times in quick succession.

Thanks for taking the effort, that helped a lot.

I never thought to test it out purposefully like that. I can confirm mine works exactly the same as yours. Not a problem when I am staring at it parked in the garage.

Maybe this is just user error, not paying enough attention. I am going to make myself look at the screen and do it carefully for a few days and see how it works. It usually only happens in car parks and reversing in my driveway when I am swapping between forward and reverse a few times in quick succession.

Thanks for taking the effort, that helped a lot.
No problem at all.

A long wait but well worth it. Love the car already. Regen breaking felt natural straight away and haven't even thought about stalks not being there. More driving and thoughts tomorrow!
If mine gets delayed further than its current friday keep an ear out for someone screaming obscenities into the air, its likely me... haha

I reakon they have fixed that, which is awesome.