Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally at home 😊
IMG_0880.jpeg

Has anyone experienced or is aware of this? I’m using a mobile charger as my main home charging solution (renting)

View attachment 1013524

I’m the same as you, in that am only charging by granny charger, at least until I need something more (but to be honest I don’t, works fine).

But am not using the Tesla mobile charger, I bought a cheaper one from Amazon, and it charges at 10A every time. Am charging now and just checked. So assume this is only an issue for the Tesla mobile charger? If not I don’t have any issues.

Has anyone experienced or is aware of this? I’m using a mobile charger as my main home charging solution (renting)

View attachment 1013524
I think that was for older umcs where the tail said 8A, the newer ones say 10a. Its a known issue which got resolved a while ago.
If you bought a umc from marketplace it might be an issue.
There are threads on it here, you have to set the car to like 80% or something, let it finish charging to that then increase the limit so it triggers something. Would have to search for it

I think that was for older umcs where the tail said 8A, the newer ones say 10a. Its a known issue which got resolved a while ago.
If you bought a umc from marketplace it might be an issue.
There are threads on it here, you have to set the car to like 80% or something, let it finish charging to that then increase the limit so it triggers something. Would have to search for it
Ah my UMC is about 2 months old.. should be fine then! (ps 3 sleeps)

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Ah my UMC is about 2 months old.. should be fine then! (ps 3 sleeps)
Yeah mine is nearly 6 months old (ordered it when i ordered the car).
If you use your phone to zoom in on the writing near the pins on the 10 and 15a leads if it says 10a and 15a you should be fine. If it says 8 and 12 it might require the update.. from what ive picked up, ill test it on friday when/if i get the car

View attachment 1013524
Total non issue.

Simply plug the car in, set it at whatever percentage and leave it connected until its complete and then overnight.
Car must be connected to wifi.

It will update the charger and then it will be good for 10 amps and 15 amps.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30