Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the battery will charge faster at the lower %, but given the example below would you consider staying on the charger until 80% before buggering off?

Put your "first time EV owner who only got it a few days ago" hat on :) Just to reduce anxiety and enjoy the trip (which id be in no hurry)

View attachment 1013814
That's what I did when I went on my first big trip - especially after reading and hearing about range anxiety. By the time I arrived at my destination, I started trusting what the car was saying, how far you could drive and the % remaining.
Sticking around for another few minutes, especially if no one else is there, isn't a terrible thing to do. Peace of mind.

Reactions: MacTessy
Omg

IMG_8663.jpeg

I understand the battery will charge faster at the lower %, but given the example below would you consider staying on the charger until 80% before buggering off?

Put your "first time EV owner who only got it a few days ago" hat on :) Just to reduce anxiety and enjoy the trip (which id be in no hurry)

View attachment 1013814
Yeah, I would. Conditions can always change, and adding an extra 10% at a Supercharger doesn't really take long at all.

Have you been curious enough to look under your rear tether point yet?
Nah, I had a quick glance at it to see it was there and make sure I don't have to come back for a "recall" and that's the most attention I'm ever likely to pay to it, lol
Ill post more later

Few white and black, lots of blue and gray. Its pretty full
OMG that is AWESOME congrats mate! Bonus of the surprise pick up is you don't have the sleepless night the night before! And you can surprise your son!

Reactions: dronus
Gotto love the feeling when picking up a new car.. the feeling of anxiety mixed with excitement and a range of other emotions.
It's funny though, I generally change cars every 3-5 years and have had some pretty nice cars, but never felt anywhere near as excited as I was with the Tesla, both before and after pickup!

I really see it a such a different driving experience, I can't compare it to any other car, they all seem like such old technology now.