Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any views on windscreen replacement extra on insurance for the Tesla? Just finalising my insurance setup and trying to figure out if it's worth it.

On the one hand, there is an awful lot of glass on the roof, which could crack. But it would be covered by insurance regardless.

On the other hand, how often does something hit the roof really....

Any views?
My Shannon’s comes with glass replacement bundled in, not as an extra. It says glass replacement. Includes windows and sunroof.

Any views on windscreen replacement extra on insurance for the Tesla? Just finalising my insurance setup and trying to figure out if it's worth it.

On the one hand, there is an awful lot of glass on the roof, which could crack. But it would be covered by insurance regardless.

Any views?
I opt'd for Windscreen cover (with no excess up to x1 during the policy year) and it bumped up my premium by only $80/year. Worth it.

**Mind you I upped my basic excess to $1,500 so my policy comes to ~$1400 per year (NRMA)

Reactions: PcS000 and MacTessy

Any views?
I was driving our RAV4 yesterday and the windscreen cracked soon after using the wipers to clean off some bird crap.
No prior damage or impact at the time (I had just left the driveway), just a hot day and I think the temp change with the wipers was enough to do it.
Claim made online with RACV in under 5min.
$0 excess and no impact to no claim bonus.
Getting replaced Monday morning.

There is lots more glass in a Tesla than a RAV4 and probably more expensive glass too.
The additional cost on your insurance premium to cover this is worth the peace of mind.

Just seems my VIN detailed on RAV
What does this mean? I’m in Brisbane EDD 11/02-18/03
Good question. It means nothing. Is/was your car on FA? Strangely you have EDD before Adelaide EDDs.
If your VIN were not on RAV, it would mean they add VINs to RAV when vehicles are offloaded. If it is, it means it either was offloaded in Melbourne, or will be offloaded in Brisbane, and VINs are added to RAV independently of offloading.

However, your EDD would not look strange assuming that your car is transported to the destination by boat with arrival date 5/02, and our Adelaide cars are transported by land from Melbourne to Adelaide, no one knows how, no one knows by who, no one knows when.

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
Game day today!! So excited, In a few hours will be driving back with my new M3 rwd 🥳🥳
Everyone says get pics... but its so exciting while you are there its hard to... Unless you are a "content creator" in which case getting all the perfect takes seems to outweigh picking up a new car!

If you go in early they might fit you in! But then again those sydney DC look pretty flat out..

Reactions: aaron.m
So no Karaoke while driving?

Man:( the swiftie in me is going to be sad not being able to sing “but she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts 🎶” (Or November Rain when someone’s watching lol)

Suddenly my assetto corsa/forza horizon/logitech driving wheelset highschooler decided that he want to bunk school and come with me for Delivery. So decided will go by didi/uber. and discarded my original plan to drain my transport card balance by changing 3 bus and 1 train although it just takes 50 mins.

Lining up the accessories so far:
1.Between seat inserts to prevent things falling under seat
2. Under seat air vent filter/protectors
3. Mida 8a/10a/15a portable charger
4. 5-pin to 15a plug converter
5. 5m ccs to ccs 3-phase/1-phase cable for BYO
6. Xiaomi rechargeable inflater
7. A simple puncture fix kit
8. Mud flap kits

Still waiting to be delivered:
1. 3-piece pedal protector(aluminium and black)
2. Screen border protector
3. Ceramic coating kit

Planning to order soon:
1. Trunk hook
2. Mat set
3. Trunk and frunk liners

Planning to do soon:
1.512GB nvme ssd fixed into a usb enclosure, partition to 2 or 3 ext4 partitions for Dashcam and media.
2. Thinking between 6 year old garmin gps with lifetime maps and speed warning(So used to it for any trip) or just use waze in mobile(I think probably latter)
3. Write down things to check during delivery in a piece of paper ( May be assign that task to the highschooler :))

Suddenly my assetto corsa/forza horizon/logitech driving wheelset highschooler decided that he want to bunk school and come with me for Delivery. So decided will go by didi/uber. and discarded my original plan to drain my transport card balance by changing 3 bus and 1 train although it just takes 50 mins.

Lining up the accessories so far:
1.Between seat inserts to prevent things falling under seat
2. Under seat air vent filter/protectors
3. Mida 8a/10a/15a portable charger
4. 5-pin to 15a plug converter
5. 5m ccs to ccs 3-phase/1-phase cable for BYO
6. Xiaomi rechargeable inflater
7. A simple puncture fix kit
8. Mud flap kits

Still waiting to be delivered:
1. 3-piece pedal protector(aluminium and black)
2. Screen border protector
3. Ceramic coating kit

Planning to order soon:
1. Trunk hook
2. Mat set
3. Trunk and frunk liners

Planning to do soon:
1.512GB nvme ssd fixed into a usb enclosure, partition to 2 or 3 ext4 partitions for Dashcam and media.
2. Thinking between 6 year old garmin gps with lifetime maps and speed warning(So used to it for any trip) or just use waze in mobile(I think probably latter)
3. Write down things to check during delivery in a piece of paper ( May be assign that task to the highschooler :))
Dont forget the most important thing...

Enjoy driving the car!

• Love
Reactions: jeevas123