Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what the firmware is on my UMC but curiously tried to follow the guide on the service page. I couldn't get it to mention an update let alone a failure message.

Also, the link to the service page is for US and says to open the LH front door, assuming they mean the drivers door, right? Anyways I tried both front doors and diddly squat happened.

What is the updated firmware supposed to be for anyway?
The failure message isn’t displayed at all. It just doesn’t get updated.

Yes it’s the US version.

The quickest way to get your car to push the firmware to the UMC is;
- Turn off scheduled charging(or departure with off-peak charging)
- Make sure the car is above 50%
- Set charge limit lower than current charge level
- Plug the UMC
- Lock the car
The update will begin in less than 5 minutes. You will hear the contractors clunking and the display will turn on to show the message “Charge connector update in progress”. Update should only take 2-3 minutes.

The updated firmware version is UMC v1.9.1, it allows the 10A and 15A tails on the UMC to use them at full capacity instead of 80% capacity. Without the update the 10A charges at 8A and 15A tail only uses 12A.

Last edited:
I just got a new Edd of March 18-April23. From the pinkenba dc. Order mid Jan. rwd stealth grey. I just wanted to ask has anyone got their car tinted or paint protection? If so how much did it cost? Has anyone done it thru their NL?
Good for you! I've seen people getting their VIN today here and have checked for mine about 20 times. No dice. LR in deep blue ordered 31 January.

My NL provider has a set of tint, paint protection and/or interior protection. I've opted for tint (from memory around $450 for 35% ceramic) and today asked for a price on paint protection. Did not go into how it was included when applied post-delivery.

The failure message isn’t displayed at all. It just doesn’t get updated.

Yes it’s the US version.

The quickest way to get your car to push the firmware to the UMC is;
- Turn off scheduled charging(or departure with off-peak charging)
- Make sure the car is above 50%
- Set charge limit lower than current charge level
- Plug the UMC
- Lock the car
The update will begin in less than 5 minutes. You will hear the contractors clunking and the display will turn on to show the message “Charge connector update in progress”. Update should only take 2-3 minutes.

The updated firmware version is UMC v1.9.1, it allows the 10A and 15A tails on the UMC to use them at full capacity instead of 80% capacity. Without the update the 10A charges at 8A and 15A tail only uses 12A.
Thanks for sharing the steps. I followed as you explained and heard all the clicking and clacking, also noticed a message on the bottom right corner of screen advising software being updated, removing port will stop the update etc

Stood outside the car for a while, and nothing else happened, disconnected UMC from car and reconnected, still only able to charge at 8A. (I didn't not however turn the UMC off/on from the outlet though)

Will try again later tonight

Thanks for sharing the steps. I followed as you explained and heard all the clicking and clacking, also noticed a message on the bottom right corner of screen advising software being updated, removing port will stop the update etc

Stood outside the car for a while, and nothing else happened, disconnected UMC from car and reconnected, still only able to charge at 8A. (I didn't not however turn the UMC off/on from the outlet though)

Does snyone know if it matters which adapter you have plugged in when doing that update?

I did that.. 15:00 appt, uber came early and I arrived at 14:15.

Was out of there by 14:30 🤙
I have picked up mine also, 6 months wait ... finally got the car ... it is totally worth it!
Although I am very happy that I finally got the car, definitely not fully satisfied with the panel gaps and the small dent at the area behind tail light (after the boot is opened).
The Tesla rep said it is normal (I am not sure about that since the dent is only appear on the left side not on the right side).

Any comment?

Attachments

• left side.jpeg
    left side.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 17
  • right side.jpeg
    right side.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 12

I've had exactly the same experience today. No luck

Reactions: Rosier
I have picked up mine also, 6 months wait ... finally got the car ... it is totally worth it!
Although I am very happy that I finally got the car, definitely not fully satisfied with the panel gaps and the small dent at the area behind tail light (after the boot is opened).
The Tesla rep said it is normal (I am not sure about that since the dent is only appear on the left side not on the right side).

Any comment?
I noticed this too - looks to be manufacturing related and didn't think twice, normal I suppose

Reactions: airly