Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twilight did an awesome job with the ceramic coat and tint. He took some pics after it was completed.

Loving this car
TA-25.jpg

I had mine initially set to Chatswood as well but when I saw in this forum that Alexandria would most likely be faster, I asked my Tesla Advisor to change the delivery to Alexandria. It didn't help so far as I had no movement in my EDD at all since the order date (64 days, but who is counting?)
Well If it makes you feel any better I'm at 166 days and on my 3rd EDD window still without an actual delivery date booked in :)🤞
Twilight did an awesome job with the ceramic coat and tint. He took some pics after it was completed.

Loving this car
View attachment 1023087
Did you get sides and rear tinted or just sides? I've had a couple of quotes for tint with only some places willing to do the rear too

Reactions: BaymaxW
Well If it makes you feel any better I'm at 166 days and on my 3rd EDD window still without an actual delivery date booked in :)🤞

Did you get sides and rear tinted or just sides? I've had a couple of quotes for tint with only some places willing to do the rear too
No he won't do the rear. He explained that the glass with the factory tint will heat at a different rate to the rear glass if it were done and possibly cause an issue. He said it best to be on the safe side and leave the rear which is fair enough.

Reactions: aaron.m and bezz
No he won't do the rear. He explained that the glass with the factory tint will heat at a different rate to the rear glass if it were done and possibly cause an issue. He said it best to be on the safe side and leave the rear which is fair enough.
My tinter decided to tint the bottom third of my rear window.. i was dubious about it initially.

From the outside of the car it is unnoticeable unless you're super close.
Inside the car, i see a tint line in my rear view mirror, but since the rear visibility is shite anyway I simply adjusted my mirror so as to have the line at the very top of tje reflection so it doesn't bother me.

Ill go snap a couple of pics and post them shortly.

Reactions: Moops
I have picked up mine also, 6 months wait ... finally got the car ... it is totally worth it!
Although I am very happy that I finally got the car, definitely not fully satisfied with the panel gaps and the small dent at the area behind tail light (after the boot is opened).
The Tesla rep said it is normal (I am not sure about that since the dent is only appear on the left side not on the right side).

Any comment?
Remember also, that the charge port is on the LHS... purely speculation (i haven't chacked my car), but perhaps the "extra" spot weld on the LHS has something to do with the charge port mounting bracket?

As far as im concerned, even if my car has the same markings i dont care because ill only ever see ut with the boot open and I'd only care if i was super picky.

• Helpful
Reactions: Riasta and airly
My tinter decided to tint the bottom third of my rear window.. i was dubious about it initially.

From the outside of the car it is unnoticeable unless you're super close.
Inside the car, i see a tint line in my rear view mirror, but since the rear visibility is shite anyway I simply adjusted my mirror so as to have the line at the very top of tje reflection so it doesn't bother me.

Ill go snap a couple of pics and post them shortly.
Looks really good. I would be surprised if you ever had any issues. Maybe my tinter has had issues in the past and just wont do them.
I does look better tinted all the way through, but I can live without it. Doesn't bother me too much

Reactions: dronus and SiLENC3
Hi all, about to pull the trigger and enter the Tesla world. I’m waiting for my finance approval for my lease before ordering, but have watched the inventory stock plummet to near zero now this past week.
Does this get updated often or would I need to wait a while?
I’ve seen here some people waiting almost 6 months at the moment, others much faster . Is there order specs that usually lead to longer wait times? I’m likely after a rwd stealth grey , black interior and 18” wheels.
Whilst the grey is my preferred colour, it’s a close call with white. If it means an extra 4 months I’d look at maybe changing.

Reactions: Bonquopg
Hi all, about to pull the trigger and enter the Tesla world. I’m waiting for my finance approval for my lease before ordering, but have watched the inventory stock plummet to near zero now this past week.
I’ve seen here some people waiting almost 6 months at the moment, others much faster . Is there order specs that usually lead to longer wait times? I’m likely after a rwd stealth grey , black interior and 18” wheels.
Whilst the grey is my preferred colour, it’s a close call with white. If it means an extra 4 months I’d look at maybe changing.
There’ll likely be a few on Viking Passama that end up in inventory. Hopefully matching your config

Where are you from? The ones available in inventory are usually white exterior.

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
I’m in Melbourne. There were some grey/black ones last week, (as well as other colours) but they all had 19” wheels.
There is an idea that it may be better to wait until you get the model you want in inventory and then order that one directly. Also, rwds are usually delivered faster. Also, don't take white, as this will lead to half a year wait with unknown outcomes. You may lose your financing, for example. Also, if you think you would be happy with byd seal, just go for it, you will get it quicker and simpler.

There is an idea that it may be better to wait until you get the model you want in inventory and then order that one directly. Also, rwds are usually are delivered faster. Also, don't take white, as this will lead to half a year wait with unknown consequences. Also, if you think you would be happy with byd seal, just go for it, you will get it quicker and simpler.
I was behind a byd atto 3 on marion road today, it has pretty new plates on it. I think it was heading to the same jolt i was so i went around it. When i went past the passenger was taking photos of my car with their phone haha.
I havent seen any seals in adelaide yet?