Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just thought I would share my journey so far if others are comparing.

Ordered 9 Feb and still showing Feb-Apr in the app and account, no VIN yet
- LR
- Grey paint
- Nova wheels
- Black trim
- Adelaide delivery

Update

App updated yesterday a few times with different dates but settled on March 29 - May 4.

Received a text and email today letting me know car is on ORCHID ACE. No VIN yet.

I'm hoping for May delivery sometime.

I ordered this exact same spec 31 December to Brisbane and still on Feb-Apr with no updates at all :-(

The daily commute is only going to be around 12km each way per day, so wouldn't be looking at doing too much charging anyway.

In this instance, is it better to keep the battery topped up every night for a few hours of charging, or just do 1 or 2 bigger chargers a week?
I do about 20km each way, plug in to a jolt charger for the free 7kw while i go into shops or check email for 20mins snd im back to 98% when i get home. Its downhill to work so i regen to close to 100%. Only really have to top up on weekends or if i go somewhere. Youd be laughing at 12km each way, go a few weeks then plug into a faster 50/100kw charger for a few mins, couple of bucks.
Cheaper than house burning down

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
I ordered this exact same spec 31 December to Brisbane and still on Feb-Apr with no updates at all :-(

Disclaimer: I'm probably wrong

I've imported a few containers in the last few years and the journey usually goes, China > Somewhere > Fremantle > Adelaide > Melbourne > Sydney and then Brisbane. I'm guessing by lurking around here that in the past they have allocated dates and VIN numbers as they have been made and dispatched. But with the big volume of orders recently they have filled a boat and are allocating along the way as they sort it out. Due to the round trip south of the country you may have a later delivery date. Again. I'm just guessing.

Reactions: dronus
Disclaimer: I'm probably wrong

I've imported a few containers in the last few years and the journey usually goes, China > Somewhere > Fremantle > Adelaide > Melbourne > Sydney and then Brisbane. I'm guessing by lurking around here that in the past they have allocated dates and VIN numbers as they have been made and dispatched. But with the big volume of orders recently they have filled a boat and are allocating along the way as they sort it out. Due to the round trip south of the country you may have a later delivery date. Again. I'm just guessing.
You can look at the route the ship is taking on marinetraffic.com

When it departs, mine is on the Orchid Ace and I received the VIN already (but it's not appearing in the app).Orchid Ace is scheduled to leave Singapore on the 26th and arrival in NSW on April 8th, not sure about other states
Checking the VIN on molace website you can get this:
1710497193446.png

I think he is in QLD and in a rental so last time i checked the max single phase load up there is 20A.
Sonething to do with all the coal burning power plants cant handle it :)
Yes, indeed a limitation up here in the Sunshine State. On the sup side, you can now install a charger on a 32A circuit the 20A limit was removed late last month. I suspect it would be for hard-wired chargers only, not a 32A socket.

Last edited:
Sadly, no. The second wall socket is on a totally different wall, opposite the nose of the car. And the missus would kill me if I tried to hang and run a long power lead across the length of the garage. 😂

My only other thought is I unplug the garage door and security camera anytime I want to charge. Not ideal, but am starting to think that might be my only option. 😔
I would replace the power point with this. With 5 GPOs you can leave them all plugged in.

Reactions: BTRProducer
Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions about charging. At this rate our plan is to just use the Tesla supercharger once a fortnight near us at Rochedale. Will put off getting the UMC for now. See how we travel with this concept.

Also realised my partner can charge our car at her work, as they have a fleet of Tesla's and have Charge Fox units in their garages. So she can just sneakily plug in once a week when someone takes a fleet vehicle out! 😂

Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions about charging. At this rate our plan is to just use the Tesla supercharger once a fortnight near us at Rochedale. Will put off getting the UMC for now. See how we travel with this concept.

Also realised my partner can charge our car at her work, as they have a fleet of Tesla's and have Charge Fox units in their garages. So she can just sneakily plug in once a week when someone takes a fleet vehicle out! 😂
Thats the way, everything came up millhouse

Reactions: BTRProducer