Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't even get the price drop email, and I'm also still waiting for any sort of an update. 😔
I didn't get the email either, I think the price reduction was for the Model 3 LR, Model Y LR and Model Y Performance only. To make things worse, the ORCHID ACE ship has been delayed by another day, it's now expected to arrive in NSW on April 12 (it was initially April 8th then it changed to April 11th) :(

and I'm almost on the Toyota Yarris timeframe (just a little better), if I get the car in around 2 weeks from the ship arrival, it will be more than 120 days from the order date 😭

Does anyone know if your order fee gets refunded if you finance the car?

I just got my final invoice today and it says
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.47.55 PM.png

I just got my final invoice today and it says View attachment 1035375

Bank loan (CBA) - the order fee is not refunded and just deducted from final price.

NL - the order fee is refunded to you.

I queried the same because I switched between the two options during the final invoice stage.

Reactions: MattAdrian
I didn't get the email either, I think the price reduction was for the Model 3 LR, Model Y LR and Model Y Performance only. To make things worse, the ORCHID ACE ship has been delayed by another day, it's now expected to arrive in NSW on April 12 (it was initially April 8th then it changed to April 11th) :(

and I'm almost on the Toyota Yarris timeframe (just a little better), if I get the car in around 2 weeks from the ship arrival, it will be more than 120 days from the order date 😭
Must be some congestion at the ports at the moment. Orchid Ace spent a few days off the coast of Perth waiting to get in to Freemantle and Orca Ace spent nearly a week at anchor off Brisbane. Both docked today.

Reactions: BaymaxW

The MY RWD got a $1500 drop

We ordered 23rd December. On the holiday ship Orchid Ace as well. Though app updated to say delivery between April 18 and May 8 overnight.

that was fast (1 month from order to delivery). Have you paid the invoice already? I received another email about my invoice but I haven't sent it to my Novated Lease company yet. Not sure if paying it in advance would make the delivery faster (after the ship arrives in NSW port).
Yep. Probably either a cancelled order or extra inventory . I’ve not received any updated invoice yet tho. Its still the old one, when did you get yours?

Lets say a car is $50,400 drive away price which is also the Tesla invoice price

You then do a bank loan for $50,000.
you already paid the $400 (order fee), the bank pays $50K
Tesla gets $50,400 - there is no refund of anything

But now lets say you do a bank loan/finance/Novated lease for $50,400 because the invoice says $50,400
You already paid the $400 order fee, and the finance company pays $50,400
This means total paid is $50,800
this means $400 is repaid to you rather than the finance company because your agreement with the finance company was for $50,400

It is generally paid within a month after delivery