Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say I have definitely been one of the luckier ones. 37 days from Order to Delivery.

Can I just say the team at Alexandria gave me nothing but exceptional customer service. As I said last week, we were not happy with the number plate combination but today Phil (Operations Manager), said that the registration team will go over to Service NSW and swap the plates for me and pay for it too! It saved me a lot of time and I was able to enjoy a lunch at The Grounds of Alexandria (which I've never been to before!).

The process was very quick and since I watched countless videos and tutorials I was able to leave quite quickly (despite waiting for a software update, which gave me the chance to do one last check before departing the DC).

IMG_0698.jpg

I have to say I have definitely been one of the luckier ones. 37 days from Order to Delivery.

Can I just say the team at Alexandria gave me nothing but exceptional customer service. As I said last week, we were not happy with the number plate combination but today Phil (Operations Manager), said that the registration team will go over to Service NSW and swap the plates for me and pay for it too! It saved me a lot of time and I was able to enjoy a lunch at The Grounds of Alexandria (which I've never been to before!).

The process was very quick and since I watched countless videos and tutorials I was able to leave quite quickly (despite waiting for a software update, which gave me the chance to do one last check before departing the DC).

View attachment 1036663
Glad today was everything you hoped it would be.

Reactions: MattAdrian
Hey mate, could you elaborate on what needed updating? was it this?
View attachment 1036646
Ive added a credit card to the payment page for charging, but that didnt make a lot of sense to me as im going through NL arrangment.
I ordered on the 14th around the same time as some other getting VIN allocations etc, so wanted to check what you did for the above with NL in mind.

Cheers in advance
The payment section shown in your screenshot are u able to choose finance option and then select your NL provider name…Incase that does not work call Tesla and ask them to update that from their side…thats what I did when I called Tesla the guy updated it from his side…thanks

Picked up my new toy yesterday and am absolutely over the moon with it. ICE cars just seem so stupid compared. And I’m far from a greenie.

Question: haven’t got my wall connector hooked up yet and having renovations the next few weeks so will not have reliable access to if for a bit.
Any harm in charging to 100% from a local charger in the eveningand parking overnight at that high charge state before work in the morning? (Model 3 RWD) Would only be once or twice a week and only for a few weeks.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
the team at Alexandria gave me nothing but exceptional customer service. As I said last week, we were not happy with the number plate combination but today Phil (Operations Manager), said that the registration team will go over to Service NSW and swap the plates for me and pay for it too!

This one has me curious - it's not a complaint I've seen before!

Was the issue that the random plate resembled an offensive/swear word? Or was it a superstition thing around a certain combination of numbers and letters?

I think NSW RMS has some sort of system to detect sequences on number plates that could resemble an offensive word and prevent them being issued (but it's never going to be perfect)

This one has me curious - it's not a complaint I've seen before!

Was the issue that the random plate resembled an offensive/swear word? Or was it a superstition thing around a certain combination of numbers and letters?

I think NSW RMS has some sort of system to detect sequences on number plates that could resemble an offensive word and prevent them being issued (but it's never going to be perfect)
I think Matt said he was from a Chinese/Asian background and the are certain numbers (number 4 for example) that are considered bad luck (I've lived in a building that didn't have any apartment finishing with number 4 because of it). Similar to what other cultures think if number 13 (some buildings don't have the 13th floor because of it)

No issue at all. In fact with the RWD that's actually good.

Charging to 100% once or twice a week allows the car to better track the voltage in an LFP battery.
Cheers. I get that with the LFP but was more thinking about leaving it unplugged but at 100% for 10 hours or so vs scheduling to reach 100% before departure like I will when I can charge at home.

No doubt I’m over thinking it

Last edited:
Me too! The invoice and TMR registration docs are available in the Tesla account too. Perfect timing - my rep from the NL company came back from leave yesterday!
Oh nice. Those documents haven't shown up for me as yet, but I suspect they will either today or tomorrow.

I need to get busy and organise my quote for the ceramic coating and window tinting so I can submit that to my NL company as well!

My Tesla got dropped off today for its service to fix the delivery paint issues. ETA of this Friday to be completed. The small paint chip to the boot will require a repaint and I’ve been assured will be done to the factory standard or otherwise returned to the body shop to redo. The other couple of little things should be fixed by the retailer. Just hope it’s all sorted first go.

Hey @mcv75 did you also just get your SMS and email same as me?

I just got confirmation from Tesla my car is definitely on the Morning Crystal. So fingers crossed yours is too. 😊
hey all, I also got an SMS and email this morning. Car is also on board Morning Crystal. My delivery location is Mulgrave, Victoria. Does anyone have a review of the Mulgrave crew?

hey all, I also got an SMS and email this morning. Car is also on board Morning Crystal. My delivery location is Mulgrave, Victoria. Does anyone have a review of the Mulgrave crew?
Cant say about delivery day as still waiting to get updates on my VIN however they were all super helpful when I was there 4 weeks ago for a test drive. I wanted to look at the long range model and see different colors in person and their store manager Steve took us to the back of their store where they kept cars ready for delivery etc.

Oh nice. Those documents haven't shown up for me as yet, but I suspect they will either today or tomorrow.
Mine have not shown up on the web yet, but are available in the app.

Is it weird that I'm at this stage in the process and still have no idea of what my VIN is? Not showing in the app / Chrome extension / page source code anywhere...
My VIN is only in the source code and the registration form. Not showing in the app or web.