Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally declined the Tesla trade in offer. I sent some queries off to those instant buy sites who all offered far less than Tesla. Figured I could just sell it for a little more on carsales but the more I think about it, the less I feel like mucking around with tyre kickers. The Carsales instant offer is only $500 more than the Tesla trade in but it too sounds like a headache at times.
Yeah I just couldn’t be bothered dealing with people tyre kicking too, I went with another online mob who were actually quite good but in the future I’d probably just trade in at Tesla if I live long enough to get another one.
Life too short to have to put up with people still stuck in the “maximum gain for minimum effort” mentality. For me anyway, each to their own :)

Yeah I just couldn’t be bothered dealing with people tyre kicking too, I went with another online mob who were actually quite good but in the future I’d probably just trade in at Tesla if I live long enough to get another one.
Life too short to have to put up with people still stuck in the “maximum gain for minimum effort” mentality. For me anyway, each to their own :)
It feels like an issue that'll stick around for years to come. Its tricky trying to find a buyer before you have a pickup date too. In my case, I'd need to keep my current car until I pickup the Tesla, so the buyer has to be ok with me driving it around until then. Or I just have to wait to advertise it for sale until after I pickup the Tesla, which means losing the trade in completely. From my understanding, if you decline the Tesla offer, they can reinstate it up until a day before delivery day if you want it back.

Reactions: dronus
MORNING CRYSTAL arriving into port this morning in Melbourne. What a strange feeling it is sitting at my desk seeing my car being shipped in!

Attachments

• 2c88ef7d-89ea-431c-add9-e3e8eb2c6c45.jpg
    2c88ef7d-89ea-431c-add9-e3e8eb2c6c45.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 10
Nice! How long will it be before the cars from Morning Crystal will be ready for delivery? Do they need to clean them and get them ready before delivery?
I believe they do clean before delivery (that's what I expect, at least), as a reference, the ship with my car arrived in NSW last Monday (15/04) and my delivery is scheduled to this Friday (26/04) so for me it will be 11 days from the ship arriving to the delivery date (with a holiday, Anzac day, in the middle of it)

Reactions: allblackm3
I believe they do clean before delivery (that's what I expect, at least), as a reference, the ship with my car arrived in NSW last Monday (15/04) and my delivery is scheduled to this Friday (26/04) so for me it will be 11 days from the ship arriving to the delivery date (with a holiday, Anzac day, in the middle of it)
Hopefully I get some luck and it's before the 30th! Doubt it though. Excited for you to get your wheels, good luck for the 26th

• Love
Reactions: BaymaxW