Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grizzlybear,
Thanks For the information re the Facebook group that I was unaware of. (I have requested to join)
I am reading the Model Y Australian waiting room, although from what I read a majority of the folks in there are talking about MYP many receiving there vehicle from June / July orders. I also notice some MYP, were available for almost immediate delivery in NSW.
I am a standard range White Model Y, and was not aware that there have been orders in Dec Jan with EDD already. This gives me hope. Would be interested if folks in NSW had received EDD for Nov / Dec ordered if any are out there.?
Still looking are Feb-May every time I open the Tesla app. (which is at least once or twice per day ;-)
MY RWD white/black interior/20", ordered on 17 Oct 22, no VIN yet:rolleyes:

There may have been a spike in orders in Jan after the price drop. I ordered 2 days before the price drop so shouldn't affect me too much.

Having waited for 3 months now, I hope I get my car towards the end of May or in June. A miracle or the cherry on top would be either another price cut and/or release of LR Y in Australia. If that happens, I will change my order to LR in a heartbeat as long as I can get it by June.
FYI - LR released today. Delivery from May-Jun.

Hey all, I'm in NSW and ordered a RWD in January this year and don't have a VIN yet.

Does anyone know if I make a change to the exterior colour of the car whether I then go to the back of the queue again? Or is it ok as I haven't yet been assigned a vehicle?

I switched over my order just now to the LR

ETA now just says TBC and unfortunately it meant I had to leave the white/white/induction club
I too thought about it. But I’m assuming quite a lot of people were waiting for LR and now that’s finally here and EDD of May-Jun - most of them might have switched, causing a huge spike in the LR orders.

It’s extra 78kms of WLTP range and costs $13,639 more.

We decided to keep our order and hope we receive it by May 😥🤞🏻
Chances of that happening are getting slimmer by the day.

Hey all, I'm in NSW and ordered a RWD in January this year and don't have a VIN yet.

Does anyone know if I make a change to the exterior colour of the car whether I then go to the back of the queue again? Or is it ok as I haven't yet been assigned a vehicle?
You still maintain your position in the queue. Depending on the availability of that color, you might actually get it quicker.