Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Tesla bug again (sold the M3P last year)... Placed an order for the MYP 3 weeks ago. I've also been changed in the portal to Jan-Mar -- it was Apr-Jun before.

Maybe this means our orders are getting clumped together.
Whilst I am happy for you it hurts my soul that your order from 3 weeks ago has the same delivery window as mine from 4 months ago lol

Reactions: singo79 and bcarp
Got the Tesla bug again (sold the M3P last year)... Placed an order for the MYP 3 weeks ago. I've also been changed in the portal to Jan-Mar -- it was Apr-Jun before.

Maybe this means our orders are getting clumped together.
Well that is interesting news. Does make it sound like they are trying to do a reasonable chunk of orders at the same time or there has been some cancellations of people's MYPs (maybe change to standard RWD to get one quicker) and you have jumped up the queue?
Will be interesting to see the cancellation rates with the MYP - some people may cancel and get the MY RWD, some people may feel jitters due to current economic (share market down etc), some people might be feeling financial pressure with higher cost of living and higher bank interest rates etc

Well that is interesting news. Does make it sound like they are trying to do a reasonable chunk of orders at the same time or there has been some cancellations of people's MYPs (maybe change to standard RWD to get one quicker) and you have jumped up the queue?
Will be interesting to see the cancellation rates with the MYP - some people may cancel and get the MY RWD, some people may feel jitters due to current economic (share market down etc), some people might be feeling financial pressure with higher cost of living and higher bank interest rates etc
Tesla Tom said in his recent video he believed the MYP orders were only around 7% of the total. they can probably punch out the whole AU MYP order bank in a day and need to meet a minimum number

Can only hope the delay might see the MIC MYP get those seats. Agree they look way better. The seats in the MY I test drove honestly didn't seem great at all really. My $50k VW Tiguan has better.

Yep....my Model 3 (November built 2019) has pretty much the worse seats of any car I've owned....I've own more expensive but also cheaper cars than the 3.

The support is lacking, going around corners has no "hug/support" and the durability on the side seat section is atrocious....

I thought the car is registered once it arrives at the port, although the expected arrival date for my vessel was on 12th to Sydney, it was registered on Rav on 10th of Oct, does that mean it arrived in Port Kembla on /before 10th?
No idea, I was just going off this sticky that said:
7. Vehicles are unloaded at port of entry, clear customs, and are entered into the RAV database
  1. SMS: "Tesla Update: Your Model 3 delivery is approaching"
  2. You can now find your vehicle by looking up the VIN in the RAV database: Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application

My EDD was pushed back from 10 Oct - 24 Oct to 18 Oct - Nov 1 as well, can only assume theres some logistical delay.

Have you received any msg?
Other than the "Your Model Y delivery is approaching" message, nothing. My Tesla sales rep told me to expect it end of Oct.