Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it mean to "buy now" "in stock" vehicles? The website says the exact vehicle we have on order is in stock but our EDD isn't for another 2 weeks, which would be fine, but we aren't going to be here at that time.
The LR I "bought now" just this morning, once I finished the order (and got my VIN etc), has an EDD of May 26 - June 16, which is probably the same as your order.

So yours is probably already allocated from the same batch. I can't imagine you'll get it any sooner.

Reactions: noobz
I received my Novated Lease agreement and the Rental Rate is 9.15%, not knowing basically anything about Novated Leasing, this sounds very high.. My company only has 1 Novated lease company so i can't really leverage a better deal.. Does this rate sound right or is it very high?
How many years is the lease? It can be higher if its for a shorter amount of time. Opposite is true for a longer term deal.
sounds about right. there is only a handful leasing companies in Australia and the dominant player is SG Fleet which also owns NLC in VIC. given the May rate rise, 9.15% is the same as my rate
Is it still worth doing at that rate?

I'm assuming there's a similar shipping portal for Sydney although I don't know what it is. In the QLD one there is a "Ship movements" page and a "Vessels at Berth" page so it's easy enough to just search on here for the info.

Hopefully someone can take up the mantle on this when mine arrives shortly.
Tag in your brother Jeff!

List of Vehicle Carriers waiting to dock in Port of Brisbane:

Oberon
Trans Future 6
Palmela (Tesla ship)
Dream Beauty
Elegant Ace
Eridanus Leader
Sirius Highway
Morning Crystal (Tesla ship)
Turandot (Tesla ship on the way from Melbourne)
Viking Paglia (Tesla ship on the way after Korea/Japan)

Dates don't even matter at this point and from the looks of things, the port can only handle 1 vehicle carrier at a time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So for people in Brisbane who are expecting their vehicle before the end of this financial year... it's not looking good.

Reactions: hillgun and bev-252
Yeh that sucks but there's people waiting in Melbourne who ordered in July/August who are getting them soon. Really frustrating. Any updates on yours?

Melbourne Port Update:

Scheduled to depart:

Ship NameDate & TimeFromToAgent
Turandot12/5/23 14:00Webb Dock 1 WestBrisbaneWilhelmsen Port Services (Aust) PTY LTD

Scheduled to arrive:

Grand Eagle14/5/23 11:30ShanghaiWebb Dock 1 WestInchcape Shipping - Melbourne

EDIT: MIRRAT Schedule & Traffic Management is the MIRRAT official schedule sheet, they manage all RoRo & Automotive ships at the port. Regularly updated.
Got good updates from Vedaprime. I know it’s made land, and ppl in Vic have started booking deliveries from the same ship. Gives me hope it’s not far from getting on the Spirit.

Reactions: xavier2k3

Oberon
Trans Future 6
Palmela (Tesla ship)
Dream Beauty
Elegant Ace
Eridanus Leader
Sirius Highway

Dates don't even matter at this point and from the looks of things, the port can only handle 1 vehicle carrier at a time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So for people in Brisbane who are expecting their vehicle before the end of this financial year... it's not looking good.

I counted even slightly more based on Qships. Having said that, it also appears maybe that it can handle more than one at a time (maybe two), if you look at the departure times that are either the same or very close together.

Eg. Dream Beauty & Eridanus Leader/ Tannhauser & Palmela. Maybe Fisherman Island 1 & 3?

1683873828080.png

Reactions: hillgun
Yeh that sucks but there's people waiting in Melbourne who ordered in July/August who are getting them soon. Really frustrating. Any updates on yours?

Melbourne Port Update:

Scheduled to depart:

Turandot12/5/23 14:00Webb Dock 1 WestBrisbaneWilhelmsen Port Services (Aust) PTY LTD

Scheduled to arrive:

Grand Eagle14/5/23 11:30ShanghaiWebb Dock 1 WestInchcape Shipping - Melbourne

EDIT: MIRRAT Schedule & Traffic Management is the MIRRAT official schedule sheet, they manage all RoRo & Automotive ships at the port. Regularly updated.
thanks Grand Eagle due to dock according to Mirrat dock 2 after HOEGH TROOPER leaves which is a worry
Seeing that ship been stuck and not moved since 16th of Feb, a big worry it will not move and the shuffle things again.
This is what happened with my Model 3.
Keep an eye on it over the weekend.

Either way not stressed with the Model Y have the Model 3 to play with.
if it misses this boat and on the next so be it

Last edited:
anyone ordered in March and got some updates?
Nope, not yet, but I really don't begrudge the folk who ordered any date before me and haven't received a Vin yet! (Anyone who ordered afterwards and has taken delivery is fair game tho....).
If they can be trusted, I spoke to an SA yesterday who said it's "likely" I will receive a vehicle allocation in the next couple of weeks, but I'm resigned to seeing the EDD slip to July. With the number of ships lined up off the Sunny Cast at the moment, I guess there will be quite a few deliveries happening over the next 4-6 weeks in SEQ.

Reactions: t3sla-007
Just logged into the app and realized my EDD changed from Apr to Jun, to 10-30/June. But I didn’t receive any text message saying a vehicle is assigned.
How do you “log” into the App. I just open it. No need to log into it per se. I open it, that’s all. And all the links below the picture of the car I’ve ordered are gone. And my delivery still shows APR-MAY

Attachments

• IMG_9053.jpeg
    IMG_9053.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 31

Oberon
Trans Future 6
Palmela (Tesla ship)
Dream Beauty
Elegant Ace
Eridanus Leader
Sirius Highway

ANYTHING COMING TO PERTH IN FUTURE??? Like, ever???? lol