Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I did change to LR but I believe it will not arrive before March. I think Tesla will clear GC stock first before bringing more MY. There are a lot of cancellations in the recent days, I know a couple of people who have cancelled their orders and will not re-order until GC stock has been sold.

Also, my Palisade has just been sold. I am not super stressed since we have two more cars at home but I don’t have a new toy to play with:)
I sold my Patrol on the assurance (not commitment) from Tesla that MY LR will be delivered latest by Dec end. I booked on Nov 20. The site still shows Nov-Dec23 as delivery. I am based at Sydney. I wonder how they will do it. I will wait until 15th Dec and then proceed to cancel. This will ruin my holiday plans. There are enough alternatives available in the market. A car shouldn't be this difficult to buy these day. Its a shame that we as consumers have to track where the car is. I will look for an alternative and spend my money. there are also preowned ones available on carsales btw. Good luck folks. I am gravitating towards cancellation.

Reactions: Winnieblue
What a cock up heading to the end of the year.... Hope 2024 brings everyone some relief from all the things happening around the world and back here at home. The last EDD update has made me once again realise that there are forces we just can not win. From the bushfires to Covid to endless rain to inflation to interest rate hikes and finally to Stinkfugs...Interesting times indeed. Take care everyone, I've just hung up the gloves to just ride out the waves.

I believe relevant authorities need to step in to help consumers who are trying to switch to green energy. Affordability of EVs is becoming out of reach of general public due to insurance companies trying to take advantage of the situation. I wanted to buy my wife an EV three weeks ago. I thought of getting her MG4 or Model 3. She wanted a small car. She is a rating 1 driver. I got ridiculous quotes from insurance companies. GIO was over $6K. Others $3K to $4K. I ended up buying her ICE car (Mazda 3).

It will be great if we - people on this thread - collectively negotiate our insurance from a reputable company. I know insurance is an individual thing but still we need to stand up for a reasonable price.

Do you think cancelling my order, and waiting on the 2024 Model Y would be worth it at this point?
Personally, unless you're waiting for the Juniper update, probably not. There's no confirmation or idea of if/when the soft "Chinese" update will come to Australia. Perhaps if it comes out Jan 1 you could cancel and reorder but you could lose the referral credit and government incentives. Tesla have stated that they're currently honouring the credit and refunding cancellations if you're on the GC, who knows how that long will last. It's a gamble so right now best hold on to your order until something is actually announced.

Reactions: Oliver F
MY RWD is sold in China for RMB 266,400 (AU$56,600), and then its price was increased by 15% to sell in Australia for AUD$65,400. China no longer has the 2003 MY, so the new update MY will definitely enter Australia. Before the new models arrive, I guess that the unsold cars on the GC will likely see a price reduction of 10~15%, similar to the old Model 3 from last month.

What a cock up heading to the end of the year.... Hope 2024 brings everyone some relief from all the things happening around the world and back here at home. The last EDD update has made me once again realise that there are forces we just can not win. From the bushfires to Covid to endless rain to inflation to interest rate hikes and finally to Stinkfugs...Interesting times indeed. Take care everyone, I've just hung up the gloves to just ride out the waves.
On a lighter note..... and kids this is how i met your mother....

Do you think cancelling my order, and waiting on the 2024 Model Y would be worth it at this point?

If you are looking for the full refresh, I wouldn't expect that till end of next year, and then you'd be waiting for production ramp up etc similar to those of us waiting on the new M3. Unfortunately demand is high and they can only produce so many vehicles, but the positive side to that is that the reason demand is so high is because they are so far above the competition.

If you want the soft refresh MY, then I suspect that is part of the reason you guys are in this mess. I'm only guessing, but the GC might have been the last shipment of the current MY and that could explain why there's a gap between the next shipment as they ramp up the production of the soft refresh. That of course could be completely wrong and Tesla are not going to confirm either way as it would make zero sense for them to hurt their sales.

So at the end of the day, it's a coin flip, if you re-ordered in Feb you may get the soft refresh or you may still be waiting another month or so, you'd also be in line with everyone else who orders, or wait till the end of next year to get the full Juniper build, but again be prepared to wait. If you were happy with the current MY build, I'd personally stick to that, but you may be in a position where you can wait another 12-18 months and want the full refresh.

I'll take the whiskey but you can keep the scrolling to yourself!
I ordered my model y back in September. I have been reading the posts for a long time. I only just joined. I had been watching the Glovis Caravel doing laps outside Brisbane, with the occasional foray into the dock. There was a post early December saying the 13th of December was going to be the day, so as we approach the 13th what is it?

Yeah I ordered my model 3 in August. At least your model Y are on a ship… it will come, just need to chill.

(puts old man hat on)
Try and not focus on this so much if you can, it’s not good for your mental health watching a ship bob around in the ocean, instead go to the actual ocean, scream your lungs out at the ship if you need too and then do something else for a while.

We have all been thru a lot of Fear and FoMo the past few years and while our natural reaction is to build resistance to what is, this ultimately has no effect on the delivery of a car. Unless your life depends on it, some perspective and focusing attention on things we can control might help :)
(takes old man hat off)

And memes, lots of memes... preferrably with goats

Reactions: Jules22
When is the GC due to unload in Brisbane
Oh it will unload on the 20th Dec for sure, no questions 100% confirmed locked in… even the offical document says so… 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_3098.jpeg
    IMG_3098.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
Oh it will unload on the 20th Dec for sure, no questions 100% confirmed locked in… even the offical document says so… 🤣
Yeah… It’s been drifting for a week+ now. I’m guessing it’ll do two weeks maybe ? Then go back for an inspection say the 18th then *best* case it can unload after that, worst case more quarantine needed, even more worst case it will then be told to GTFO… I can’t even begin to imagine what will happen to our orders then..