Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to cancel the lease at this stage and redo it when this whole mess is sorted. Far too much of a headache for the end of the year and it is downright wrong for me to be paying for this vehicle with no clear outline of what is actually going on.
I'm seriously considering this as well. Though based on a post earlier, it looks like if you order again now, you're gonna end up with a car on the GC anyway.

May need to wait it out a bit and order sometime in Q1, once we can confirm that we won't be allocated a left over reject from the GC. May be worth waiting for a the new refresh perhaps.

However, at this point, I'm 65% sure if I cancel, I won't be getting another Tesla. Apparently there's going to be 34 new EV's coming to AU soon:

I'm lucky in that this was always meant to be a second car - so we can make do with the one we have (woe is me). However the 'new' car will cost more next year as we won't get the NSW stamp duty exemption, and we'll probably lose out on the referral free (and lose the order fee).

Time to do some serious thinking.

I'm seriously considering this as well. Though based on a post earlier, it looks like if you order again now, you're gonna end up with a car on the GC anyway.
To clarify, I'm not trying to cancel my order but to figure out what the hell is going on as to why this car was paid for way in advance and why I am having to pay for lease repayments.

When I spoke to the leaser, I was given the option to initiate a cancellation and reorder, but I haven't been given the full details as to what this will ensure.

I don't want to be dealing with all of this to be honest. This quarantine has caused so many problems outside of just not having a car.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
why did you initiate lease payments before you got the car?
I didn't. That's the thing. I noticed the deductions on my last paycheck including a "debt recovery" extra amount of $400.

From what I understand, when Tesla sent the final invoice to me I forwarded it to the Lease company for action when the car would be ready for delivery. They passed it onto the finance company who paid the invoice and that initiated the lease. No one confirmed delivery on my end.

To clarify, I'm not trying to cancel my order but to figure out what the hell is going on as to why this car was paid for way in advance and why I am having to pay for lease repayments.

When I spoke to the leaser, I was given the option to initiate a cancellation and reorder, but I haven't been given the full details as to what this will ensure.

I don't want to be dealing with all of this to be honest. This quarantine has caused so many problems outside of just not having a car.
I see, sorry to hear of your issues, mate, you seem to have had more bad luck with this that most here.

The NL company in your case clearly stuffed up and they are pushing the problem on to you. I called mine and they reluctant agreed that I could cancel if I chose to, without penalty, until the lease commencement date (delivery of the car).

The commencement date is a manual process and involves someone at their end changing the this date when more info on EDD is available. In your case it looks like someone didn't update it when the delays became apparent.

Mine is currently Dec 27, but I'll email them again next week and to push it later (if I choose not to cancel by then)

Has anyone spoken to ISS recently? I was hoping to see some movement of GC today. I'm generally at the point of not caring but I occasionally get a burst of activism energy!

I tried calling their main line but it rang out. I can see that the Brisbane Office has names and mobile numbers of 10 people. It's tempting to call each of them .... :-D

Reactions: archerwin
Update from Tesla
IMG_2199.jpeg

Also, if someone is after an RWD Blue w/ white interior, there’s one available for expedited delivery in Melbourne. Quick call them

Update from TeslaView attachment 998287

Also, if someone is after an RWD Blue w/ white interior, there’s one available for expedited delivery in Melbourne. Quick call them
I'd love that but I'm in Sydney and they don't do cross-state delivery for some reason .

My EDD says 31 DEC - 21 JAN (Sydney) but my whole thing got screwed a little while ago. I'm just ignoring this BS now.