Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting rather envious seeing people get their EDDs updated and subsequent VIN.

Even saw someone on another forum say their Quicksilver performance has an EDD.

No such luck here yet for my RWD Quicksilver, but to be sure I better refresh my app 61 times an hour in case I miss out.
Haha, I'm the exact same. Been smashing the app like every houre haha.
I ordered on the 25th March, didn't change anything when quicksilver came out and haven't gotten an EDD or VIN or email yet advising that the USS has been removed. Looks like people who get their updated EDD and VINs receive that email first so looking out for that email too :)

• Love
Reactions: Sturty
Haha, I'm the exact same. Been smashing the app like every houre haha.
I ordered on the 25th March, didn't change anything when quicksilver came out and haven't gotten an EDD or VIN or email yet advising that the USS has been removed. Looks like people who get their updated EDD and VINs receive that email first so looking out for that email too :)
11th of March for me.

I did see on the WA specific thread before someone saying they ordered in mid Feb got their VIN / EDD yesterday, hopefully they’re just working through the dates in order.

11th of March for me.

I did see on the WA specific thread before someone saying they ordered in mid Feb got their VIN / EDD yesterday, hopefully they’re just working through the dates in order.
It will come soon sturdy, late change may taken you a fee steps back. Hopefully it's it one of the ships coming in April.
V3nom I never got an email, the app showed updated Eddie and did a vin check in source code

• Love
It will come soon sturdy, late change may taken you a fee steps back. Hopefully it's it one of the ships coming in April.
V3nom I never got an email, the app showed updated Eddie and did a vin check in source code
Ahh right. OK cool, thanks 😊 that's good to know. I'll keep on checking the app then but yeah I reckon they are working through the backlog of orders. I'm just wanting HW4 but hopefully all the new incoming MYs are HW4.

You had to go in and accept the changes, yes? If so, HW4
I ordered the MYLR white with dark interior and 20 inch wheels so technically there were no changes to be made with the specs of the car since those choices are still available now.
I'm sure car will be HW4 though as the operations manager has advised that all new shipments arriving into Australia now will have HW4.

I ordered the MYLR white with dark interior and 20 inch wheels so technically there were no changes to be made with the specs of the car since those choices are still available now.
I'm sure car will be HW4 though as the operations manager has advised that all new shipments arriving into Australia now will have HW4.
Hmm. Technically the only changes I had to accept were the change from silver to black gemini wheels, as I had ordered a pearl white MY.
I've sinced changed to quicksilver because I could.

Either way I concur with you and the ops manager's position, there's no tangible reason why they'd be shipping two different specs.
Hopefully our VIN / EDD are not far away. I'll share my info as soon as I get it

Reactions: V3nom
Hmm. Technically the only changes I had to accept were the change from silver to black gemini wheels, as I had ordered a pearl white MY.
I've sinced changed to quicksilver because I could.

Either way I concur with you and the ops manager's position, there's no tangible reason why they'd be shipping two different specs.
Hopefully our VIN / EDD are not far away. I'll share my info as soon as I get it
Thanks Sturty :) as soon as something comes through on my side I'll let you know too! Hopefully not too much longer now... fingers crossed ;-)

• Love
My order arrived in late Feb, I then delayed and delayed until it was canceled
Out of interest - how long did you delay for, how many times, was there a warning?

I've ordered recently and have a vehicle allocated as it was existing inventory (which is what I wanted), but now getting my leasing company to meet the deadlines I'm worried my order will be cancelled if I string it out too far.

Out of interest - how long did you delay for, how many times, was there a warning?

I've ordered recently and have a vehicle allocated as it was existing inventory (which is what I wanted), but now getting my leasing company to meet the deadlines I'm worried my order will be cancelled if I string it out too far.
Sounds like it isn’t you stringing along, it’s the leasing company?

Reactions: InternetOfZing
IMG_9713.jpeg

For about half a second I got my hopes up

Just my UMC. Nothing to be excited about

Very savvy choice.
I suspect you got a cancellation, possibly even mine - I’m sure I’m not the only one who changed colour on the 4th when the email was sent out. Initially my order was white, but now quicksilver.

The Tesla rep was telling me this often happens with the white paint models due to the sheer weight of numbers - it is overwhelmingly the most popular colour here due to being free. You’ve been rocketed up the queue

Not tempted to upgrade to a performance? Possibly move up the queue?
I'm so very tempted haha. But this car is mainly for the wife as she drives the moast so makes sense for her to have it. I wanted the performance with quicksilver but she wasn't a fan of the red brakes and spoiler 😕 I'm still trying to change her mind though.

The current plan is to buy another tesla probably next year and that will be mine and as long as the performance stays under the luxury car tax I'll do my best to get that one. Who knows, maybe Juniper will be out by then too.