Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, there has not been an announcement re HW4 for the MY. The current version changes are just wheel colour and body colour and price.
It's as clear as mud I'm afraid . Unless it mentions HW4 I would not trust it actually says HW4. But hey if it is HW4 that's even better
The fact that there are no longer USS present on the car and that EAP has Auto Park, Summon and Smart summon as "upcoming features" is enough of an announcement and pretty darn clear it is HW4.

Reactions: bsbh
So I just got off the phone with Tesla. Placed order for model Y 20inch wheels on the 3rd of April and the ETA is next week! Crazy. He confirmed it is a January build with HW3.

Only the new wheels will be HW4. Is it worth waiting potentially 2 extra months for HW4 😢

Yeah im sort of in a similar situation.
Ordered the MYLR on 25th March, Pearl, 20inch wheels and black interior and my EDD hasnt changed March - April and still no VIN or anything. Got the email regarding the price drop and that the new price will be applied but I didnt have to reconfigure my vehicle since those options are still available.

Only thing is that i dont know for sure if ill be getting HW3 or HW4. I did call Tesla yesterday and the rep said that he is confident ill get HW4 since the car hasnt been built yet and will be part of the upcoming batch or the next batch.

Im thinking of trying to push the car back a bit so that im not the first batch off the line, just to be sure haha

Reactions: alz112
I've heard people saying that ultrasonic sensors are better is this true?
100%. The software is improving, and it isn’t as bad as the start of the no USS days (America haven’t had USS for 18 months or so), but the physical sensor is better right now and probably always will be.

At the same time though, an upgraded software will get update support for longer.

I ordered my MY because I deliberately wanted the wood trim and USS, but I’m not upset to lose the USS given that the teslavision is gradually improving.

I've heard people saying that ultrasonic sensors are better is this true?
You'll get differen opinions on what's better right now.

Ultrasonics are going away and will be replaced by vision at some point. Most of those who have the current vision system, like myself, will tell you it's better. It can see things that USS can't and it will only get better.

I wouldn't worry about not getting USS.