Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but the physical sensor is better right now and probably always will be.
The USS aren't really any more or less "physical" than the cameras. They send out a pulse of high frequency sound, listen for the pattern of echoes coming back from objects and interpret from that the position of obstacles. The cameras watch for light bouncing off objects and interpret from that the position of obstacles.

Personally I rely mostly on mirrors + mark I eyeball, although the "centimetres range" shown by the USS is useful when trying to close up as much as possible on something in front of the car.

Reactions: Jules22
HW4 appears to have been confirmed at least for cars not yet on the production line, plus price drop

Will those cars be Stalkless as well?

And what of Juniper. How much of an update will it be?
Juniper will have the physical changes, the interior aesthetic update, the RGB lights, the logo and head/tail light changes, better insulation from road noise.

HW4 for a mid/late life update is a pretty big deal though and really unusual.

Still, as an impacted customer I’m delighted.

Reactions: Quickst
Tesla Perth have just called me, trying to clear their (admittedly very limited) inventory stock. The triple black models are now about $2000 less.

We’re now looking right at the end of the financial year for the new models to hit the country which is understandable. I made the not very difficult decision to wait. Wasn’t a hard decision at all.

I'm currently feeling a lot better about cancelling my model Y order. Base model inventory Model Y drive away now starts at $67,501. The sale is now officially on.

I anticipated this whilst others on this thread said Tesla wouldn't do it. This move by Tesla makes perfect sense to me. Considering the rate at which GF Shanghai churns out cars and looking at what the cars retail for in China, Tesla still has lots of room for price reductions.

BYD's aggressive pricing has resulted in a very large number of non-Tesla EVs being sold in Australia. Many argue there is no comparing a BYD Atto to a Tesla which is true, however ultimately car manufacturers including Tesla care about sales volume and market share. Polestar priced the entry-level PS4 at $89,498.90 which until 2 days ago was very close to a Model Y LR, which you can now get for $11,000 less than that after the price drop (and you don't have to wait until August).

Speaking of entry levels, the base trim standard range model Y from inventory is now $22,000 less than the entry level Polestar 4. That's huge!

Even though the PS4 *may* be a better car than the Model Y (we won't really know until they arrive in Australia, who knows when), the new price difference and additional options available for new Model Y's will change minds.

IMG_9390.jpeg
IMG_9391.jpeg

Miranda

• Love
Reactions: Jules22
That is art. Having switched to quicksilver, seeing that is very very exciting

Its a great colour, but I am still think a darker colour hides the bubble like shape of the Model Y. This would look great on the 3. But still, its just paint and I cannot understand the price premium above $1500. If this were a Toyota or Kia, the paint colour wouldn't be a premium above regular metallic.

Its a great colour, but I am still think a darker colour hides the bubble like shape of the Model Y. This would look great on the 3. But still, its just paint and I cannot understand the price premium above $1500. If this were a Toyota or Kia, the paint colour wouldn't be a premium above regular metallic.
No doubt it is at a very premium price, but it was very easily justifiable for me having copped the price drop off the base price.
For those who had ordered a colour it still worked out marginally cheaper

Getting rather envious seeing people get their EDDs updated and subsequent VIN.

Even saw someone on another forum say their Quicksilver performance has an EDD.

No such luck here yet for my RWD Quicksilver, but to be sure I better refresh my app 61 times an hour in case I miss out.