Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made the tough call to swap to Ultra Red (RWD MY, black interior 19 inc wheels) from the quicksilver order. WA is yet to get their initial delivery and indication is demand is firmly outstripping supply.
I had a really good chance of having one on the next ship, but not guaranteed. I don't fancy another three month wait.
All other colours showing a 1-3 week delivery window, indicating there will be unallocated RWD models of all colours on the incoming ship.

LR and P showing July-August.. except for Quicksilver. October-December.

QLD/NT, SA and Victoria have a few Quicksilver RWDs in inventory. 7-9 weeks for all Quicksilver models not in inventory.

Tesla Rep informed me this data is yesterday days old (as in, fresh off the press), when I called.

I made the tough call to swap to Ultra Red (RWD MY, black interior 19 inc wheels) from the quicksilver order. WA is yet to get their initial delivery and indication is demand is firmly outstripping supply.
I had a really good chance of having one on the next ship, but not guaranteed. I don't fancy another three month wait.
All other colours showing a 1-3 week delivery window, indicating there will be unallocated RWD models of all colours on the incoming ship.

LR and P showing July-August.. except for Quicksilver. October-December.

QLD/NT, SA and Victoria have a few Quicksilver RWDs in inventory. 7-9 weeks for all Quicksilver models not in inventory.

Tesla Rep informed me this data is yesterday days old (as in, fresh off the press), when I called.
Do you if normally testa honor the estimated delivery date?

Mine one probably is not on the carrier yet, as LR in quicksilver is a not common one.. hope that will be onboard in one of the carriers soon.. but is still showing may to jun..

Do you if normally testa honor the estimated delivery date?

Mine one probably is not on the carrier yet, as LR in quicksilver is a not common one.. hope that will be onboard in one of the carriers soon.. but is still showing may to jun..
If you only just ordered, I'd be changing your order. Quicksilver has a backlog, even in RWD. You're looking at three months best case if you've only just ordered.

Tesla's delivery dates wildly vary, and usually I wouldn't trust them, but right now they are very specific.

I'll remind you, my original order said March-April.

I got a NL - it worked out for me that on a 4 year term, the total amount I paid (defined by total reduction in take home pay + residual at the end of the period) works out to be almost exactly the car price. So that means essentially I get "free" financing and running costs - pretty good deal.
It’s actually much better than that as if your car was say 80k financed for you to buy it with GST inclusive would be say 88k. That 88k in cash would be more than 120k pre tax.

Reactions: Jules22 and GBB1
If you only just ordered, I'd be changing your order. Quicksilver has a backlog, even in RWD. You're looking at three months best case if you've only just ordered.

Tesla's delivery dates wildly vary, and usually I wouldn't trust them, but right now they are very specific.

I'll remind you, my original order said March-April.
WA orders allocated today. EDD July

Reactions: GBB1
So, what is everyone planning on doing with tinting when they get their Model Y?
Is the consensus the roof should be tinted to help with the heat, or are people only tinting the windows?
I live in North Queensland and have not added tinting or a roof shield. When the car has been left in the sun, the roof gets hot like any other car. The only reason I am ever bothered is that the AC fan speed is never fast enough for a tropical climate without taking it off Auto.

was only asking as in humid environments fresh air with A/C doesn't really work too well.
My complaint is the insufficient fan speed, even on the highest Auto setting. I end up using more energy to lower the car temperature, or else I have to take it off Auto (which is meant to be intelligent and energy efficient) and manually control the fan speed. I just wish Auto had a "Tropical" setting which maintained a higher airflow instead of reducing the fan speed to a whisper just because the desired cabin temperature has been reached.

My complaint is the insufficient fan speed, even on the highest Auto setting. I end up using more energy to lower the car temperature, or else I have to take it off Auto (which is meant to be intelligent and energy efficient) and manually control the fan speed. I just wish Auto had a "Tropical" setting which maintained a higher airflow instead of reducing the fan speed to a whisper just because the desired cabin temperature has been reached.
Interestingly enough, the latest update (not rolled out yet) has a hot weather improvement update to AUTO mode to cool down the car supposedly faster and maintain comfort level better. 2024.20 Official Tesla Release Notes
1716853573765.png

It will be interesting to see if "maintain comfort level better" means maintaining more airflow over the occupants.
airflow shouldn't really matter with A/C as it's more about removing the humidity from the air which is why needs to be on recycled air to do that properly in humid environments. I haven't had any issues in my model 3 on the humid days we had last summer although we don't have anywhere near the humidity you have up there in FNQ.

airflow shouldn't really matter with A/C as it's more about removing the humidity from the air which is why needs to be on recycled air to do that properly in humid environments. I haven't had any issues in my model 3 on the humid days we had last summer although we don't have anywhere near the humidity you have up there in FNQ.
This is increasingly off topic, but actually airflow is very important for comfort. Ask an architect and they'll probably talk your ear off. You are correct that removing humidity is a big part of the benefit of AC in the tropics. But we also know that having air blowing over the occupants allows them to feel comfortable at higher cabin temperatures. As an example, our overnight bedroom air conditioners is set to 24C, which is comfortable with a ceiling fan on a low or medium setting. Without the fan, the temperature needs to be 20C or less to feel an equivalent level of comfort. Air conditioning down to a lower temperature uses far more energy than circulating the cool air with a fan.

In other cars, I set the AC to 24C and turn the fan speed up or down with the flick of a switch, or adjust a nozzle to aim more or less at me as needed. In the Tesla, I set the AC to 22C and still find myself needing to manually override the fan controls because is has suddenly decided to reduce the airflow to practically nothing.

no update with the VIN yet.
but I'm tracking Paganella vessel and Morning Crystal
Paganella will arrive in Brisbane around 01/Jun coming from Shangai.
1716957923893.png

and Morning Crystal
1716958014705.png

mine one is probably not inside of those, assuming that VIN is assigned once the car enter in the carrier.. :(