Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another one…. MYP now Jan-Mar ‘23…. very frustrating but that seems to be the Tesla way

exports are built in 1st month of quarter (generally) i.e Jan, so I assume best case it’s more like Feb-Mar , assuming no more slips

is there any planned changes/benefits we might see ? 4680 batteries or CATL MP3 batteries, ejector seat etc?

Me too. MYP ordered 10th June now Jan - Mar 2023. I have to say this is really starting to make me a bit angry. Tesla Australia could come out with useful information - if they said something like"Sorry no MYPs for Australia will be built this quarter. But they are locking in for next quarter" at least we would have something useful. Now it feels like we are just a can being kicked down the road. Who knows - in Dec they might just push us out again.
And to think I would probably have my RWD now if I'd ordered that. :(

Reactions: Bogan
Me too. MYP ordered 10th June now Jan - Mar 2023. I have to say this is really starting to make me a bit angry. Tesla Australia could come out with useful information - if they said something like"Sorry no MYPs for Australia will be built this quarter. But they are locking in for next quarter" at least we would have something useful. Now it feels like we are just a can being kicked down the road. Who knows - in Dec they might just push us out again.

This is my worry that if they can push it once, they can push it again. Will the MYP become like some of the 3 models which have been waiting forever and just have to keep waiting.
At the moment the new date range is only a 2mth delay which is somewhat the new normal for cars these days but I was sooooo hopeful that it would be on time based on how well they did the the RWD Ys. It doesn't seem like a production capacity issue but something else.
I'll try and be a cup half full today and hope for some upgrades with the delay.

Reactions: Bogan
My MYP just changed as well :( ordered early on in Perth
Same... Order my MYP at midday on launch day. My order never showed Nov-Jan EDD but now it shows Jan to March 2023

Looks like all MYP is in the same boat. It very frustrating but maybe the 2023 model may have the new M3P battery, auto frunk, parcel shelf? Who knows... I should have keep my Model 3 Performance order. At least I would be driving it now.

I did a second test drive in Perth yesterday in a Y RWD and it was even better than my first drive. I thought I should have a second drive (and maybe a third) to get more used to the car and it's features before mine gets here (then of course found out it was delayed 4hrs later bwahahaha)

I was able to appreciate more things as I was more used to the uniqueness of the car. On the first drive I could barely do more than check the speed on the screen but this time I was able to multi task more rather than concentrating so much on how alien it felt.

I got to use voice commands and even tried out TACC. The TACC was a self confessed failure because I didn't check before leaving if it was set to 'my current speed' or the 'speed limit' and it was working well on the Freeway following cars doing 80 then the cars moved out of my lane and it sped up to 100 quite quickly as it didn't know about the roadworks 80 speed limit. I knew about the 2 options but had forgotten to check which it was set to. Easily fixed but I do think they probably should have it set to the more demure option of 'my current speed' than the posted speed as the acceleration from 80-100 can be quite strong.

Tried out the sound system - awesome! Tested our 6 foot ever growing teenager in all seats - very comfortable for him in the back or front passenger.

Reactions: Maximillan
Are the Model Ys still coming with the mobile connector/charger? I’m gonna need it for a few weeks before moving into a house.

Try being an M3 order holder

Thanks, I've had another look but can't see anything outstanding. I entered all my details such as licence shortly after ordering. When I rang the big T they said it looked ok and the 'customer-facing' parts should update soon, but that was more than a week ago.

I do have the VicRoads 'Application for Vehicle Registration' link which has been electronically pre-filled and has the VIN but I don't know what I'm meant to do with this.
I was sent a pre-filled rego form which still needed me to complete parts they had highlighted. No need to worry if your car isn’t scheduled for delivery in the next month.

I was sent a pre-filled rego form which still needed me to complete parts they had highlighted. No need to worry if your car isn’t scheduled for delivery in the next
I encourage MYP order holders to call Tesla and express your disappointment.. ( I did )

If you say nothing they will think, “ that was easy, we can keep delaying this cohort and they won’t care “
Yes mine pushed as well to January -March 23
Ordered June 10th 2022 white. Be interesting to know if it’s all MYP or just some colours