Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes mine pushed as well to January -March 23
Ordered June 10th 2022 white. Be interesting to know if it’s all MYP or just some colours
I encourage MYP order holders to call Tesla and express your disappointment.. ( I did )

If you say nothing they will think, “ that was easy, we can keep delaying this cohort and they won’t care “
Have responded expressing my disappointment

Reactions: Robbo_707
Looks like the delivery estimate for the MYP has been pushed back after recently receiving an SMS updating the ETA from November/March to January/March.

Not really what I was hoping for. 😩
Maybe a NCA battery related demand, delay ? or maybe not (any got order for M3P that's been pushed back now also?)
- actually anyone know what battery supplier, chemistry, and format would be in the MYP and M3P from GF Shanghai?

LFP seems to be more readily available for RWD model 3/Y with battery sourced from BYD, CATL, any other suppliers?

Reactions: singo79
The original window was Nov - Feb, the current is Jan - Mar so technically if the cars are all delivered in Jan/Feb they've lived up to their initial delivery window. I think we were all just hopefuly of Nov deliveries (myself included)

We all wanted a Y Performance for Christmas didn't we :)
I guess we just look to the upsides - like it being a MY23, maybe some improvements (better batteries?)
For those who are watching loan interest rates go up the longer they wait for delivery it must be torture though

Reactions: singo79 and 1001
No need to worry if your car isn’t scheduled for delivery in the next month.
Scheduled from next week onwards...

2. They said we need to sign the yellow highlighted text and submit to [email protected] (May want to confirm the email id though).
Thanks both.
I rang them today (twice) and the first time they said they'd done something and to expect the invoice in the next day or so.
The second time, after the above tips, they confirmed I had to email the form to exactly the above address. I've read about this process on the forums before but it's not really obvious from the website I had to do this nor did Tesla themselves provide the address until just now. 🧐

We all wanted a Y Performance for Christmas didn't we :)
I guess we just look to the upsides - like it being a MY23, maybe some improvements (better batteries?)
For those who are watching loan interest rates go up the longer they wait for delivery it must be torture though
I guess it means definitely no ultrasonic sensors on MYP!
Maybe we get 4680 batteries and full megacasting? (ha ha); the new steering wheel without turn signal stalks or a frunk cover? Rear passenger control screen? Perhaps we might even get front passenger lumbar support back? Or FSD beta for Aus? Hopefully the delay means some sort of upgrade is happening.

The second time, after the above tips, they confirmed I had to email the form to exactly the above address. I've read about this process on the forums before but it's not really obvious from the website I had to do this nor did Tesla themselves provide the address until just now. 🧐
Exactly! thanks for confirming the email for sending the Vic Rego form. Planning to finish it off tomo in the hope that this will push them to send an invoice soon.