Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have people been getting VINs in the last few days?
I haven’t seen any across any forums. Looks like they only produced for 2 days- the 28th and 29th based on build dates on invoices.

Probably going to go quiet for the next few weeks while the production lines are closed..

I was still expecting to see some M3 Vins, but that’s gone silent too.

I was still expecting to see some M3 Vins, but that’s gone silent too.
Hopefully more Model 3 VINs come this week now the Model 3 line is back online so the people in the model 3 thread stop complaining. Morning Clara isn't due to leave Shanghai until the 10th.

No-one knows how many model Ys were allocated vs produced prior to the shutdown. Following what people have been saying, it is possible the shipping list will be reconciled once the ship has left Shanghai and there's potential for a few extra VINs to be assigned for Model Y, but that isn't for another week.

Reactions: Cmoney991
Interesting email this morning, Plenti sent a message saying my total amount for Model Y has changed, likely from the luxury car tax changes. Anyone else got similar message?

On the positive side, it is now a whole lot of $20 cheaper, which has been channeled to my coffee fund :p

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
I just got an SMS from Tesla saying a Model Y has been assigned to my order. I already knew about my VIN but this looks like it's one step closer. The exact text was:

"Tesla Update: A Model Y has been assigned to your order. Visit your Tesla
Account to view your delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks:
ts.la/account Closer to the delivery estimate visible in your Tesla Account, you will receive
an SMS to schedule your Express Delivery appointment."
It comes with two plugs, a 10A for ordinary GPOs and a 15A for 15A GPOs which is the same but with a wider earth pin (this is what caravans use here but it's not a large 5-pin plug). You can buy larger industrial-style tails for the UMC too, including 5-pin ones.

The delivery estimate is still saying Aug - Nov 2022 though
It comes with two plugs, a 10A for ordinary GPOs and a 15A for 15A GPOs which is the same but with a wider earth pin (this is what caravans use here but it's not a large 5-pin plug). You can buy larger industrial-style tails for the UMC too, including 5-pin ones.
Congratulations.
Got my final invoice. ordered pov pack at 10:20